Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Soldbuch 15th I.R. (mot.) (15th Panzergrenadiers), 29th Panzergrenadier Division

Article about: Hello all: As you can see, I am new here. My collecting interests have long been bent toward the American Civil War and the First World War, but over the past couple of years, I have picked

Can you post a close up of Section C on Page 4, Page 17 (if there are any entries on it) and Page 3? The entry in Section C of Page 4 seems to read 2 Kp (Kompanie) of IR 15 but I can't be sure without a clear close up.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soldbuch 15th I.R. (mot.) (15th Panzergrenadiers), 29th Panzergrenadier Division
    P
    Many

Hucks:

I was editing my post #10 when you posted--I also believe it shows 2 Kp, IR 15. I am at work at present but will post some close ups of the pages you noted tonight.

I appreciate your efforts here.

Chris

?

Quote by BottsGreys View Post
    Paul:

If you look at the unit designation in the first scan (Page 4, b line, C Section), it looks like it might be
    2 Kp, IR 15 (mot).

Chris
    I thought it looked like 2 Chris but wasn't sure !! If you ever want to sell this soldbuch let me know !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

From a quick check for you from 18/9/43 to 5/11/43 IR 15 was involved in the retreat from Salerno towards Cassino via Benevent , Campobasso,Molise,Torella,Agnone where they occupied winter positions from 6/11 till 11/1/44 , they were involved in the defensive fighting in the so called Bernhard Stellung before Cassino so your man must have been wounded during these defensive combats !!

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hucks:

Below is the unit entry on page 4, you were correct , it is 2 Kp, IR 15 (mot). Also included are pages 2 and a cropped scan of the entries on page 3.

Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soldbuch 15th I.R. (mot.) (15th Panzergrenadiers), 29th Panzergrenadier Division   Soldbuch 15th I.R. (mot.) (15th Panzergrenadiers), 29th Panzergrenadier Division  

Attached Images Attached Images Soldbuch 15th I.R. (mot.) (15th Panzergrenadiers), 29th Panzergrenadier Division 

Here and following are the remainder of the pages with entries. Sorry my scans have been piecemeal and out-of-order. Pages 8, 8d, 10, 11, 16, and 24 have no entries.

Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soldbuch 15th I.R. (mot.) (15th Panzergrenadiers), 29th Panzergrenadier Division   Soldbuch 15th I.R. (mot.) (15th Panzergrenadiers), 29th Panzergrenadier Division  

Soldbuch 15th I.R. (mot.) (15th Panzergrenadiers), 29th Panzergrenadier Division   Soldbuch 15th I.R. (mot.) (15th Panzergrenadiers), 29th Panzergrenadier Division  

And the remainder...

Chris

Soldbuch 15th I.R. (mot.) (15th Panzergrenadiers), 29th Panzergrenadier Division   Soldbuch 15th I.R. (mot.) (15th Panzergrenadiers), 29th Panzergrenadier Division  

Quote by Paul E View Post
    From a quick check for you from 18/9/43 to 5/11/43 IR 15 was involved in the retreat from Salerno towards Cassino via Benevent , Campobasso,Molise,Torella,Agnone where they occupied winter positions from 6/11 till 11/1/44 , they were involved in the defensive fighting in the so called Bernhard Stellung before Cassino so your man must have been wounded during these defensive combats !!

cheers

Paul
    Paul:

Fantastic, thank you for that--I appreciate your checking for me.

Chris

Quote by BottsGreys View Post
    Paul:

Fantastic, thank you for that--I appreciate your checking for me.

Chris
    I have one soldbuch too, but from the initial 29th mot division. From a driverman. And i have the wehrmacht driver licence from the same soldier. The soldbuch are denazified and unfortenly dont have the photo. He recieve the Ostmedail and the Houndeadbadge in black. The same thing with the licence. But is a great piece of history.Soldbuch 15th I.R. (mot.) (15th Panzergrenadiers), 29th Panzergrenadier DivisionSoldbuch 15th I.R. (mot.) (15th Panzergrenadiers), 29th Panzergrenadier DivisionSoldbuch 15th I.R. (mot.) (15th Panzergrenadiers), 29th Panzergrenadier DivisionSoldbuch 15th I.R. (mot.) (15th Panzergrenadiers), 29th Panzergrenadier DivisionSoldbuch 15th I.R. (mot.) (15th Panzergrenadiers), 29th Panzergrenadier DivisionSoldbuch 15th I.R. (mot.) (15th Panzergrenadiers), 29th Panzergrenadier DivisionSoldbuch 15th I.R. (mot.) (15th Panzergrenadiers), 29th Panzergrenadier DivisionSoldbuch 15th I.R. (mot.) (15th Panzergrenadiers), 29th Panzergrenadier DivisionSoldbuch 15th I.R. (mot.) (15th Panzergrenadiers), 29th Panzergrenadier Division Only post some pages. But the soldbuch is complete.

That looks like a nice Soldbuch. When was he wounded? Looking at the entry for the Wound Badge, it was issued by 29 ID's Ersatz organisation in March 1943 which means he could well of been wounded at Stalingrad.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast