Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Soldbuch and matching dogtag

Article about: Picked this up recently, I don’t know much about these I translated some things in it but there’s a lot I don’t know, can someone help out on the dog tag and what regiment he was in? The sol

Default Soldbuch and matching dogtag

Picked this up recently, I don’t know much about these I translated some things in it but there’s a lot I don’t know, can someone help out on the dog tag and what regiment he was in? The soldbuch and dogtag match
    Soldbuch and matching dogtagSoldbuch and matching dogtagSoldbuch and matching dogtagSoldbuch and matching dogtagSoldbuch and matching dogtag

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soldbuch and matching dogtag
    P
    Many

9. Landesschützen-Ersatz-Bataillon 2. kompanie
    Landesschützen-Ersatz-Bataillon 9 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

Please, shoot more photos from other recorded pages.

Page 4 (and possibly page 17 if he served in a lot of units) will show his service in terms of units although based on his training unit I would assume that he only served in Landesschützen and possibly Sicherungs related formations.
    In fact page 15 shows two stamps with his unit being Landesschutzen-Btl 618. The last stamp shows a different unit but I can not make it out 'something' zbV 394.

Nice pairing, great to find the original Ekm with his Soldbuch.

Thanks for the help guys greatly appreciated!

Maybe you could help out with these Soldbuch and matching dogtagSoldbuch and matching dogtagSoldbuch and matching dogtagSoldbuch and matching dogtagSoldbuch and matching dogtagSoldbuch and matching dogtag

After training he served initially with Landesschützen-Btl 618 which was based in the modern day Czech Republic. Ended up with Nachschub-Btl 58 which at the end of the war was located in East Prussia. The replacement unit for Nachschub-Btl 58 was Kraftfahr-Ersatz-Abteilung 17 (as seen in Section D on page 17) which as can be seen was based in Enns (Wehrkreis XVII).

Thanks hucks so were these units all training units?

The units in sections B & D on pages 3 & 17 were training and replacement units. Landesschützen-Btl 618 was used for security in Prague and Czech Republic so guarding military depots, railways, PoW Camps etc. Nachschub-Btl 58 was a supply unit.

Thank you for your help its greatly appreciated!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast