Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Soldbuch value if de-nazified

Article about: Evening gents, I am considering picking up a pioneer infantry soldbuch but I'm holding back as it has been de-nazified. If a going rate of roughly 100-150 Euros (would be my guess) for an un

?

Default Soldbuch value if de-nazified

Evening gents,

I am considering picking up a pioneer infantry soldbuch but I'm holding back as it has been de-nazified. If a going rate of roughly 100-150 Euros (would be my guess) for an unaltered one, what should I expect to pay for a de-nazified version?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Carl

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soldbuch value if de-nazified
    P
    Many

Default Re: Soldbuch value if de-nazified

When it comes to pricing such things you have to take into acount various variables - what Pionier unit and what battles did it/he fight in? What awards did he win (while an EK II entry doesn't necessarily affect the value all that much, an EK I entry does)? Any desireable signatures in the SB? All pages present? Photo present/ripped out/never been present? The extent of the de-nazification (just front cover or all the little swastikas in the stamps in the SB)? Don't forget that some collectors see the de-nazification of a SB as part of the items history if done by the original owner or authroities at the time.

?

Thanks Hucks216, some good info there!

Regards

Carl

?

well said, i indeed dont mind anything de,nazified,as it must of been done post war by either the recipient or relative .i have started to collect soldbuchs also,and as my budget is small can only afford these said items,but one day my ideal would be a real ss soldbuch with photo. i can dream. regards george

Quote by GEORGE View Post
    I have started to collect soldbuchs also,and as my budget is small can only afford these said items,but one day my ideal would be a real ss soldbuch with photo. i can dream. regards george
    The SS ones are out there and go for a variety of prices, although usually upwards of £500. If you are really after one then when it comes to buying another SB just refrain from doing so and put the money you would of spent aside and soon enough you will of saved up enough for when one comes along. But be careful before handing over your hard saved cash for a Waffen-SS one as they can be abit of a minefield for fakes or post-war 'upgraded' by those looking to catch the unwary out for an extra few £££'s. But then again, the same can be said about many other SB's.