Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Ausweis

Article about: Hello, What are your opinions on this Ausweis? In my opinion is original. Picture looks like used previously to another document. Maybe from old Ausweis to new one? And this is scan from boo

wk1
    ?

Default SS Ausweis

Hello,

What are your opinions on this Ausweis?

In my opinion is original. Picture looks like used previously to another document. Maybe from old Ausweis to new one?

SS Ausweis
    SS Ausweis
    SS Ausweis
    SS Ausweis
    SS Ausweis
    SS Ausweis
    SS Ausweis
    SS Ausweis
    SS Ausweis
    SS Ausweis

And this is scan from book "Museum Stutthof" I found name Lessat Alfred, and all informations are correct with Ausweis (date of birth, Ausweis number, military rank)

SS Ausweis

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Ausweis
    P
    Many

looks ok to me nice find.

Why does the photo have a second partial ink stamp to it? I've never seen an official document that had a used photo on it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

wk1
    ?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Why does the photo have a second partial ink stamp to it? I've never seen an official document that had a used photo on it.

For me this photo with stamps could be used previously to another document. Perhaps from the previous ausweis. Stamps are the same.

?

Wagriffs query seems valid as i now have a few (20+) photo ids and none have a second partial ink stamp. Moderators please answer, or is this a mistake by the administrator??

Paul

Personally, I do not believe that any official document would have a used photo on it. It wouldn't make sense-the carrier of this document would constantly be being accused of altering it. It would be like cutting off your photo from your driver's license and gluing it onto another's. The fake documents coming out of the East the last few years are causing havoc with collectors. Some are sloppy and some are very Good. I would not touch this Ausweis.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Personally, I do not believe that any official document would have a used photo on it. It wouldn't make sense-the carrier of this document would constantly be being accused of altering it. It would be like cutting off your photo from your driver's license and gluing it onto another's. The fake documents coming out of the East the last few years are causing havoc with collectors. Some are sloppy and some are very Good. I would not touch this Ausweis.
    official sa ausweis and HJ/BDM/DJ ausweis can be seen using old pass photos, i have seen and owned a few, it did happen with the sa/hj at least, putting your membership ausweis photo in to your nice new fuhrer ausweis for example

wk1
    ?

thanks for all replies

It also used to happen with Soldbucher as can be seen below, although in those cases the new authorising stamps were added on opposite corners to those already used on the photo.

SS Ausweis

Quote by HJ-Collector View Post
    official sa ausweis and HJ/BDM/DJ ausweis can be seen using old pass photos, i have seen and owned a few, it did happen with the sa/hj at least, putting your membership ausweis photo in to your nice new fuhrer ausweis for example
    ok here is another, classic example , (thought i should add a picture this time) this lad has had his membership Ausweis issued/stamped and then when he became a kameradschaftsfuhrer he has proudly got his photo taking with his new Lanyard and then had it re stamped /certified by his bann or gebeit leader i would imagine!

clearly nothing untoward here , i am just trying to help show it was done is all,

SS Ausweis

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast