Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Nord Soldbuch

Article about: Hello Picked this up with the Wehrpas, an SS Nord Soldbuch I believe, also a copy of the soldiers SS file Was an eBay deal with other items I admit, not my cup of tea really so if anybody is

Default SS Nord Soldbuch

Hello
    Picked this up with the Wehrpas, an SS Nord Soldbuch I believe, also a copy of the soldiers SS file

Was an eBay deal with other items I admit, not my cup of tea really so if anybody is interested in owning these items please let me know

Any information on these items would be much appreciated

Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Nord Soldbuch
    P
    Many

Johann Stöger was born on 6th May 1923 in Ladendorf in the county Mistelbach in Lower Austria.

(While born Austrian, he would become a German citizen with the Austrian annexation in 1938.)

His parents were the innkeeper Johann Stöger sen. and Barbara Flandorfer, resident in the Hauptstraße at Gnadendorf near Mistelbach.

He had his draft board examination at Nikolsburg (Mikulov) in the Sudetenland, which is only some 30 kilometers from Mistelbach. (At the time, both places were German; now the former is in the Czech Republic and the latter, once more, in Austria.)

Johann was unmarried, of Catholic faith, had a basic Volksschule education and worked as a farmhand.

He was 1.72 meters tall, of slim build, had brown hair, grey eyes and an oval facial shape. His blood type was B; he wore size 42 shoes and had gasmask size 3.

In 1940, at seventeen years of age, he volunteered for service with the Waffen-SS. In charge of the procedure was the Ergänzungsamt der Waffen-SS / Ergänzungsstelle Donau (XVII) at Vienna. On 25th October 1940, this agency requested a report on the applicant's criminal record from the Kriminalpolizei-Leitstelle, Inspektion III c at Vienna.

On 15th January 1941, Johann took up service with the 9th Battery of the SS-Artillerie-Ersatz Regiment at München-Freimann.

Now an SS-Mann, he was lectured on matters of security on 28th January 1941 and took his oath of enlistment on 8th February 1941.

On 9th April 1941, he was assigned to the 1st Battery of SS-Artillerie-Regiment "Nord", at the time a component of SS-Kampfgruppe "Nord", which would only attain divisional status in June of that year.
    On 1st July 1942, he transferred to the 7th Battery of the SS-Gebirgs-Artillerie-Regiment of the SS-Division "Nord".

Johann Stöger was promoted to SS-Sturmmann on 1st August 1942 and to SS-Rottenführer on 1st March 1943.

Pages appear to have been quite wet at one time, or repeatedly, fighting in the rain?

Great, thanks again for the information HPL

Quote by Larboard View Post
    Pages appear to have been quite wet at one time, or repeatedly, fighting in the rain?
    Possibly. The Soldbuch seems to have all its pages.
    There are also 20 odd copied pages of his SS file also.

I think this is a copy of his application letter/CV ?

Cheers

?

What is the EKM designation ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul D View Post
    What is the EKM designation ?
    Where would that be stated, I am new to these ?
    Cheers

This is interesting

?

It looks like it's i AA 22 , it's his Erkennungsmarke nummer ( dog tag ) , i've never seen a number like that before !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

I think its 1 AA 22 ?

Cheers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast