Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Soldbuch

Article about: I have had this offered to me along with a few other items but is it any good? I really know nothing about paper items and it is being offered, how much should I pay extra for it?

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    SS stuff isn't cheap & the seller should always provide decent if they have no doubts of originality. As you said it's a few hundred $'s. I'd pass if I were you.
    Stewy
    I agree with Stewy, an original SS soldbuch with an EK entry and photo with stamps would be more than a few hundred. IMO
    Remember, if it seems too good to be true, it likely is.
    I can buy more desirable repro ones right now out of the U.K. for $25.
    Ralph.

P.S. If this is coming from the same source as the daggers, I would pass on the whole lot.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Soldbuch
    P
    Many

Hi, late in on this one but this is not one I would trust at all, there's absolutely no "edge wear" to the papers and the "foxing" as already mentioned is very even, almost purpose made for each page! The water bleed also looks as though it has been dropped on in patches, rather than a natural saturation. Leon.

?

Always best to ask first , I will pass on it. thank you all so very much, no one can really afford to waste money now days and you save me a few hundred dollars Thanks Wes

There is nothing good about this one as has already been stated. A poor signature at the bottom of page 2 and a heavy reliance on entries using a stamp instead of being written in would make me suspicious on an initial viewing.

?

I can only concur there is nothing authentic about this , i wonder if this is going to be a new batch that is going to hit the market or whether this is a reenactors piece !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2