Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Soldbuch Reinhard Heydrich Rgt

Article about: Just got this ss soldbuch what do you all think? Eric

Default Re: SS Soldbuch Reinhard Heydrich Rgt

With regards to the photo - yes, there was a 'norm' where an angled head shot was required but there are loads of exceptions to the rules - I have one soldbuch to a member of the Heer with a photo that is full length to name one that comes instantly to mind and I have seen another where the man is sitting on a stool and the stool is in shot! BUT my problem with the photo is this - it appears to of been stamped in opposite corners but when you actually look at the close up, the official stamp was put on the paper and then the photo placed over the top as the stamp does not cross onto the photo (especially noticeable on the bottom right corner). It appears as if it does on the top one but I think that particular stamp was on the photo from another document before it was cut out and placed in this faked soldbuch.
    Another point with the photo is that the staples that go through it are showing signs of rust and yet that rust hasn't transferred onto the relevant spots on the 1st page. See this example on a wehrpass for what I mean where the age from the rivets has naturally transferred onto the pages either side...
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/photo...ehrpass-24243/
    And is that pencilled number on Pg 1 (56742) meant to be a FpNr? If so it is for a Heer unit...
    große Heeres-Bekleidungs-Instandsetzungs-Werkstatt 202.
    And his unit entry has been placed in Section B which is for Replacement/Training units. His Field unit should be in Section C and finally he hasn't signed his signature on Pg 2.
    Other red flags have been mentioned above so no need to go over those as they alone are enough to make me want to avoid this soldbuch.
    Last edited by hucks216; 09-04-2010 at 11:39 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Soldbuch Reinhard Heydrich Rgt
    P
    Many

Quote by Auseklis View Post
    Does the name read "Diederik Winters" ???
    Yes the name does seem to be Diederick Winters ERIC

Quote by ez1969 View Post
    Yes the name does seem to be Diederick Winters ERIC
    That is not a German name AT ALL. Sounds to a german like an american trying to make up a german sounding name.

Quote by Auseklis View Post
    That is not a German name AT ALL. Sounds to a german like an american trying to make up a german sounding name.
    looked it up on google all i found is german names still active names today same name as Diederick Winters ?? Still good german name old school.

Diederick is the Dutch version of the German Dietrich. It is not used in Germany because it would lead to constant spelling errors (and sounds silly in German...). Winters is also Dutch. It is quite uncommon, only 40 persons of this name among 4,5 million registred in the wargraves database. To set this into a relation: There are about 2000 persons in the Database by the German Version "Winter". In combination the name is just not used in Germany.

ez1969, no-one likes to find out that they have spent their hard earned money on a questionable item so the denial is understandable (and quite common) but the longer you deny it the harder it will be for you to get your money back.

Sorry to say this but IMO this is very dodgy. The leave entries are wrong and the stamping on that page looks like one of those do it yourself jobs.

All the entries on the vaccinations page are in the same hand, with the same colour and intensity of ink. This could not have happened over the time scale indicated by the dates.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2