Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Waffen SS ID card? Work card? Permit card? Police Card? Help!!

Article about: I recently got this in a box of military items at an estate sale. There were a stack of these unissued cards-around 25 or so. I was going to throw them out when I noticed they all had "

Default Waffen SS ID card? Work card? Permit card? Police Card? Help!!

I recently got this in a box of military items at an estate sale. There were a stack of these unissued cards-around 25 or so. I was going to throw them out when I noticed they all had "SS" on them. They look like an ID card of some kind where there's a spot for a photo. It is in German, and I cannot read or translate (could someone do that for me please!). I have close up pics listed so you can see the wording. I have tried to go online and do a translation, but I cannot even make out some of the letters with the style of writing on the card. Some of the words I translated include: Police, hospital, Waffen SS, Wounded, Supervisor. Those words were enough to spark my curiosity!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS ID card? Work card? Permit card?  Police Card? Help!!   Waffen SS ID card? Work card? Permit card?  Police Card? Help!!  

Waffen SS ID card? Work card? Permit card?  Police Card? Help!!   Waffen SS ID card? Work card? Permit card?  Police Card? Help!!  

Attached Images Attached Images Waffen SS ID card? Work card? Permit card?  Police Card? Help!! 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS ID card? Work card? Permit card?  Police Card? Help!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Waffen SS ID card? Work card? Permit card? Police Card? Help!!

My German is only basic and self taught, so I cannot do a word for word translation for you.

It is a pass for reserve Hospital issued by the Higher SS & Police Leader for Military Districts 7 & 8. SS Region "South"

Given to someone who was Wounded or was a Responsible person (i.e. had reason to be there for work).

Hope this helps?

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Adrian. That helps me out more than I was!! I have a stack of these-all the same and unused. Are these worth anything unused, or would they be worth more if they were actually used?? I am hoping I can get someone to fully translate the card. If they are collectable and in demand, I will probably sell some of them as I really don't need 25-30 of them! Thanks again and hopefully there will be more replies!

This is an ID document for a case officer working for the SS' Welfare System, specifically one in charge of wounded men.

Here is a translation of the main page:

"The holder of this identity card has been appointed by the Higher SS- and Police Leader in the Military Districts VII and XIII as the person in charge of wounded men in the Reserve Field Hospital [blank] and has been obligated to register and report the members of the Allgemeine SS as well as the Waffen-SS admitted there. It is requested to provide the named person with the greatest possible support in the execution of his task."

The Military Districts VII and XIII were neighboring ones, by the way. VII was Southern Bavaria (HQ'ed at Munich) and XIII was Northern Bavaria/Western Bohemia (HQ'ed at Nuremberg).

Thanks for the translation! This is a very interesting card. I have nothing like this in my WWII collection. I guess the opposite side was for a picture of the case worker, correct? Are these pretty common ID forms?? I had a guy who offered me $5 for one card, but I don't know what a good price is for something like this! I don't want to give it away if it is worth a bit of money... I don't have any that were actually used. All the ones I have are unused. Also, on the front page, from what you said the main page reads, it says The Higher SS and Police Leader in the Military Districts VII and XIII, but what does the rest translate to? The style it is written in makes it hard for me to figure out if the letter is an S or A on the capital letters. Thanks again for your help!

Quote by excalibr View Post
    I guess the opposite side was for a picture of the case worker, correct?
    Correct; required was a "Photograph, 3 x 4 centimeters, without headgear" and below that the bearer's "personal signature"

Are these pretty common ID forms??I had a guy who offered me $5 for one card, but I don't know what a good price is for something like this!
    Sorry, no idea whatsoever as I am not a document collector.

Also, on the front page, from what you said the main page reads, it says The Higher SS and Police Leader in the Military Districts VII and XIII, but what does the rest translate to? The style it is written in makes it hard for me to figure out if the letter is an S or A on the capital letters.
    It reads:

Der Höhere SS- u. Polizeiführer
    in den Wehrkreisen VII und XIII

SS-Oberabschnitt Süd
    Fürsorge-Abteilung

Betreuer-Ausweis
    des

[blank]

Meaning:

The Higher SS- and Police Leader
    in the Military Districts VII and XIII

SS-Main District South
    Welfare Department

Case worker identity card
    of

[blank]

OK. Thank you so much for the translation! That helps me alot--at least now I know what it says and what I have. I can start a search and see if I can find any other documents similar to this. I do want to sell some of these cards, but I am going to do my research first---who knows--these may be very rare...or very common! :-) thanks again

I don't know a value for one of these, but $5 was really an insult.

Anything with the "magical" connection to the SS will always command a premium.

Cheers, Ade.

Yes, that was kind of my thinking too, but hey, I have never seen one of these, so I did not know. I did, however, contact a guy who had some documents on his website and he said that he has had a couple of these same documents before and he sold them for $100 each! But, since I have quite a few of these, I am not going to ask the top end for these and be greedy, but at the same time I am not going to give them away! :-) Once I figure out what I want to do, I will probably list a few of them in the "for sale' section of this site and see what happens!!

?

The HSSPF Süd was SS-Obergruppenführer Friedrich Karl Freiherr von Eberstein and the SS-Oberführer who may have signed these on his behalf might well have been Anton Vogler.
    W.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast