Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Waffen SS Temporary leave pass /Urlaubs schein

Article about: Hi Guys, here is a document issued to a new Waffen SS man, SS Probationary member & Kanonier Quido Maas, who served as a gunner in the SS Totenkopf Division. This allowed him to be out o

Default Waffen SS Temporary leave pass /Urlaubs schein

Hi Guys, here is a document issued to a new Waffen SS man, SS Probationary member & Kanonier Quido Maas, who served as a gunner in the SS Totenkopf Division. This allowed him to be out of barracks at Oranienburg. He was a member of 2 Battery / 1st SS Totenkopf Artillery Ersatz Abt. As you can see it is dated 1940.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS Temporary leave pass /Urlaubs schein   Waffen SS Temporary leave pass /Urlaubs schein  

Waffen SS Temporary leave pass /Urlaubs schein  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Temporary leave pass /Urlaubs schein
    P
    Many

Default re: Waffen SS Temporary leave pass /Urlaubs schein

More treasures!! Thanks

Thank Mike.

You can see where this was folded up against some kind of ID document which held a photo as there are rust marks from the photo's metal grommets.

I often wonder what happened to him? The Totenkopf Division had horrendous loses in Russia and was rebuilt several times over.

I really need to research the name. It sounds like it maybe Dutch in origin?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ade,

It could be Dutch, but it is also a common North German surname. A quick search of the name 'Quido Maas' in the Volksbund graves registry doesn't come up with any matches. Hopefully that means that he survived, but of course the Volksbund isn't going to find everybody. I'd say that there is also a good chance that he was perhaps captured in Russia and more than likely never heard from again. It would make a great candidate for research, though!

Hi Mo, thanks! I am hoping the slightly unusual name will be a help.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Also, interestingly enough, the handwritten copy of his name looks like 'Guido' instead of 'Quido' to me. The first letter is written as a capital 'G' should be written in Suetterlin, I believe. A 'Q' would not have a loop at the bottom. The German 'G', when spoken, also tends to sound like a 'K' sound from some people.

That is a good point, well spotted!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    That is a good point, well spotted!
    Yes! I have finally helped you out with something! I have been waiting for this day for a long time...

A fascinating document Ade

Please let us know if you find any more details !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem