Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wehrpass

Article about: Hi this is the Wehr pass from my great grandfather I would like to find the awards that he received and put them together with some pictures I have of him. I know he was kill in Russia 09.12

Default Wehrpass

Hi this is the Wehr pass from my great grandfather I would like to find the awards that he received and put them together with some pictures I have of him. I know he was killed in Russia 09.12.1942 and got an iron cross for destroying 5 tanks. Any help is much appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrpass   Wehrpass  

Wehrpass   Wehrpass  

Wehrpass   Wehrpass  

Wehrpass   Wehrpass  

Wehrpass   Wehrpass  

Wehrpass   Wehrpass  

Wehrpass   Wehrpass  

Last edited by Pureg60; 12-27-2017 at 06:14 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrpass
    P
    Many

Sorry some of the pictures upside down strange they change as soon as up load them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrpass   Wehrpass  

Wehrpass   Wehrpass  

Last edited by Pureg60; 12-27-2017 at 06:24 PM.

?

Wow... that is truly amazing

I think they post upside down or sideways if being posted from an iPad or something like that.

His awards are at the bottom of page 23 and 38. His units are listed on page 12 and the campaigns his unit was involved with are on pages 32 & 33.

He was awarded the Infantry Assault Badge on 6th Feb 1942, the Black Wound Badge on 16th March 1942 (the wound is mentioned on page 34 (the top entry dated 12th March 1942). He won the EK II on 16th May (?) 1942, the Ostmedaille on 20th July 1942 and finally the EK I on 7th December 1942.

Hey thanks for info yeah I’m on an iPad when Im back home I’ll upload to my computer and try correct it. If he was Awarded an iron cross 1st class when he died would it have been added into this book as the letter to my great grand says E.K.1

Thanks

Quote by Pureg60 View Post
    Hey thanks for info yeah I’m on an iPad when Im back home I’ll upload to my computer and try correct it. If he was Awarded an iron cross 1st class when he died would it have been added into this book as the letter to my great grand says E.K.1

Thanks
    It has been added and the entry authorised by a Leutnant Wagner (last entry on page 38). The WP could of been updated weeks after his death, before it was sent back to Germany and then on to his parents.

Nice photo in the Wehrpass showing the 'A 8' stitched cyphers for Aufkl.Abt 8.

This is his entry in Volksbund. His body has never been recovered.

Wehrpass

Cheers mate yeah I was tolled that his position was over run and they could not recover the body.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrpass  

This is the Lage Ost map for 12th December 1942. It shows no change from the map for 1st December (at least where the area of 81.Infanterie-Division is concerned) so it is reasonable to assume that it shows the situation for the day he died.

Wehrpass

Ok so looks close too damjansk pocket because where he was Kia looks to have changed name stralizy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast