Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Wehrpass

Article about: Hello. I got this wehrpass from a market in Berlin for 20 euro and i wonder if it is authentic. I would love if someone could translate what the text says, as i understand no german at all.

Default Wehrpass

Hello. I got this wehrpass from a market in Berlin for 20 euro and i wonder if it is authentic. I would love if someone could translate what the text says, as i understand no german at all.

Wehrpass
    Wehrpass
    Wehrpass
    Wehrpass
    Wehrpass
    Wehrpass
    Wehrpass

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrpass
    P
    Many

Default Re: Wehrpass

Original.

Cheers, Ade.

Thank you very much Adrian. Do you think that the ribbon might be from a Iron Cross? It says "EK II" in the pass, and if im not wrong, this means Iron Cross second class? Does anyone know hat "KRK II" is? It would also be very interesting if someone could read what kind of soldier(?) this man was.

?

It's KVK , Kreigsverdienst kreuz , War merit cross 2nd class.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Nothing in the photos you have posted indicate a combat unit , can you post more of the pages ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hi Paul. I guess i just assumed that he was a soldier because he had the iron cross. I thought that was given when you showed bravery in combat. Sorry i am really not a expert at WW2, i am just interested in it (especially german tanks). will post closer photos soon. What is the text saying something like "polizieman" and "leutnant" ? is it the person who inspected the passport or is it the man who owns it?

Nice Pass for little Money, I'm sure if you post more Pages you will find out a little more. I find it hard to see much from the Scans you have posted. PM me if your looking to Buy Panzer Related WP with PABIS Award. Shameless but Honest plug!! for Orginal Panzer WP

Quote by Panther Panzer Elite View Post
    Thank you very much Adrian. Do you think that the ribbon might be from a Iron Cross? It says "EK II" in the pass, and if im not wrong, this means Iron Cross second class? Does anyone know hat "KRK II" is?
    Quote by Paul E View Post
    It's KVK , Kreigsverdienst kreuz , War merit cross 2nd class.
    Just to avoid confusion: Paul E's answer was only referring to the question about the abbreviation KVK II, but the ribbon is indeed for the Iron Cross 2nd Class [Eisernes Kreuz II. Klasse, abbreviated EKII.]

Quote by Panther Panzer Elite View Post
    Hi Paul. I guess i just assumed that he was a soldier because he had the iron cross. I thought that was given when you showed bravery in combat. Sorry i am really not a expert at WW2, i am just interested in it (especially german tanks). will post closer photos soon. What is the text saying something like "polizieman" and "leutnant" ? is it the person who inspected the passport or is it the man who owns it?
    The entries on page 5 are for the results of the passport holder's Musterung, i.e. his physical examination by the military authorities.

The man in question, Willi Frädrich, was examined at Berlin on 28 March 40 and found to be fit for active military service to include combat formations. This is what the entry "k.v." [= kriegsverwendungsfähig] means.
    The entry next to it tells us that he was classified as a member of the replacement reserves [= Ersatzreserve], a term that was used as a collective designation for the pool of conscripts who had not yet fulfilled their military service obligation.

The signatures below are for the responsible officials. On the left is the signature on behalf of the Police authorities of the conscript's home county, here by a Police administrative official ranked Polizeiamtmann. To the right of that, the signature for the military authorities, here an officer ranked Leutnant.

Details of active military service will be found from page 11 onwards.

From page 11 it is only blank pages so i guess he was never in military service, then on 23 it ends and it says "orden und ehrenseichen" and "KRK II 28.3.44" and "EK II 14.12.44"

Thanks everyone for all the information! It's very interesting