Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

WEHRPASS TO Daniel Rohleder.

Article about: Hi Chaps, I need a bit of help with this wehrpass. I've managed to glean the following : - Wehrpass To Gefreiter Daniel Rohleder. Inf. Rgt. 503. Dated 31/10/1939. Born 10/05/1912 in Linderha

Default WEHRPASS TO Daniel Rohleder.

Hi Chaps, I need a bit of help with this wehrpass. I've managed to glean the following : -

Wehrpass To Gefreiter Daniel Rohleder.
    Inf. Rgt. 503.
    Dated 31/10/1939.
    Born 10/05/1912 in Linderhausen, Ennepe-Ruhr-Kreis, Arnsberg, Nordrhein-Westfalen. Daniel joined the Army on 22/11/1940, training with 4.(E.M.G).Kp.Inf. Rgt. 22. On the 27/05/1940 he was transferred to 8(MG) Kp. Inf. Rgt. 503 under the 290 Inf. Div. He served with them in the invasion of France in 1940 and then on Eastern Front during Operation Barbarossa in 1941. He was awarded the Infanterie Sturmabzeichen (Infantry Assault Badge) in Silver on 01/09/1941. On the 13/09/1941 Daniel was Killed In Action at ????? during the later stages of the initial invasion of the Soviet Union.

My questions are, can anyone make out the location where he was killed & what was his civilian occupation?

Cheers,

Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WEHRPASS TO Daniel Rohleder.   WEHRPASS TO Daniel Rohleder.  

WEHRPASS TO Daniel Rohleder.   WEHRPASS TO Daniel Rohleder.  

WEHRPASS TO Daniel Rohleder.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WEHRPASS TO Daniel Rohleder.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: WEHRPASS TO Daniel Rohleder.

Hello Richard,
    Your man's civilian was Bricklayer = Maurer
    Regards

Thanks AlexH, that was very quick, Cheers, Richard.

I can't make out the middle part of the location although it fell in the area of responsibility for Army Group North (16 Armee) in the area of Lake Ilmen (Ilmensee). Unfortunately he isn't listed in the Volksbund database.

Hi hucks216, that's interesting info. Hopefully I can find a village or town near Lake Ilmen that ties in, Cheers, Richard.

Hi Chaps, here's my final 'write-up' : -

Wehrpass To Gefreiter Daniel Rohleder.
    Inf. Rgt. 503.
    Born on 10/05/1912 in Linderhausen, Ennepe-Ruhr-Kreis, Arnsberg, Nordrhein-Westfalen. In civilian life Daniel was a bricklayer as was his father. He was single and his stated religion was Evangelical. Daniel reported for conscription at Hagen on 21/10/1939. He joined his first Army unit on 22/02/1940, training with 4.(E.M.G).Kp.Inf. Rgt. 22. He was trained to use the K98 rifle. On the 27/05/1940 he was transferred to 8(MG) Kp. Inf. Rgt. 503 under the 290 Inf. Div. He served with them in the invasion of France in 1940 and then on Eastern Front during Operation Barbarossa in 1941. The 290 Inf. Div. were part of Army Group North (16 Armee) during the invasion of Russia. Daniel was awarded the Infanterie Sturmabzeichen (Infantry Assault Badge) in Silver on 01/09/1941. On the 13/09/1941 Daniel was Killed in Action in the Lake Ilmen (Ilmensee) area during the later stages of the initial invasion of the Soviet Union.

Cheers,

Richard.

?

Hello Richard,
    Your write-up, well-laid out, seems to cover everything. I did take a blown-up copy of the place were he fell, as written in the Wehrpass, to a old German woman I know, who as a child learned sütterlin script. She gave me this - Ly*schleocro - I did try finding the place on google no luck. Perhaps you may be more adept than me. Good luck
    Alec

Hi Alec, thanks for doing that for me & thanks for the info. Much Appreciated. I'll have to see if I can find a village or town that matches on a map, Cheers, Richard.