Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wehrpass deciphering please - Pz. Jag Ers Abt 43

Article about: Hello fellow collectors! I have a wehrpass ( my only one ) but I like it. It came with it's cover and an additional "schiessliste" just to pad it out. The individual, Max Kruger, s

Default Wehrpass deciphering please - Pz. Jag Ers Abt 43

Hello fellow collectors!

I have a wehrpass ( my only one ) but I like it. It came with it's cover and an additional "schiessliste" just to pad it out. The individual, Max Kruger, seems to have been in a Panzer Jager regiment 43.
    What I would like to know ( as I don't read German ) is what he may have done & where - he wasn't front line but in a support role ....I think?
    Anyway, here is the group and the first pages. I will upload those pages with entries only.

Thanks in advance for ANY deciphering!
    Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrpass deciphering please - Pz. Jag Ers Abt 43   Wehrpass deciphering please - Pz. Jag Ers Abt 43  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrpass deciphering please - Pz. Jag Ers Abt 43
    P
    Many

Default Re: Wehrpass deciphering please - Pz. Jag Ers Abt 43

Some more pages
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrpass deciphering please - Pz. Jag Ers Abt 43   Wehrpass deciphering please - Pz. Jag Ers Abt 43  

Wehrpass deciphering please - Pz. Jag Ers Abt 43   Wehrpass deciphering please - Pz. Jag Ers Abt 43  

final ones & Max's Shooting report .... class 0 & 1 with a luger, a grenade & an MG34 - so why did they issue him an MP40??????

Hope I am not bothering people with a 'not-very-interesting' wehrpass question.
    Looks like he saw no action & got no awards ..... but did his job - good onya Max!

Cheers, Dan

Wehrpass deciphering please - Pz. Jag Ers Abt 43   Wehrpass deciphering please - Pz. Jag Ers Abt 43  

i am not an expert on these, but reading it i don't see anything about what he did and where other than various units he was with which you can see yourself.

(page 24 & 25):

what i do see is that on 4 september, 1944 he was discharged for "D.U." which (and hopefully someone who knows better can come along and confirm this or clarify it) may mean "Dienstunfaehigkeit" which would mean that he was found unfit for service. he was discharged at "military demobilization center" 3/III (looks like this was in the Mariendorf part of Berlin). i cannot read the pen and ink entry which was taped into the wehrpass.
    there is a stamp below that which i cannot read all of but it is signed by a doctor and relates to a medical judgement being made that he was unfit for service. that's what i get out of it.

the taped part i can't read... the section is titled "type of discharge" so there may be some clarification there of what exactly happened to the guy but looking elsewhere i don't see what happened exactly. i know in (it's hard to read the stamp) in June (?) of '43 he was rated "k.v." (kriegsverwendungsfaehig) or "fit for combat" and then in '44 he's not and is discharged.

at any rate, i hope this is of some small help.

?

In addition to Tempelhof:

His profession was "Metallschleifer / Polierer" meaning "metal grinder / polisher"

D.U. was already mentioned as "dienstunfähig" meaning "unfit for service". He was discharged as "Schütze".
    K.V. also correct: "kriegsverwendungsfähig" meaning "fit for service". He startet out as "Ersatz-Reservist" (Ers.Res.)
    TAU should be "tauglich" ... just another word for "fit for military service"

The entry under "type of discharge" is really unreadable.

He spent all of his service time in a training and replacement unit based at Spremberg so never saw service outside of Germany. He was trained to use the MP-40 but I very much doubt he would of been issued one as there wouldn't of been any requirement for him to have one. Weapon issues would be noted in his Soldbuch rather then his Wehrpass.

Lysya, thank you for your input on those abbreviations... especially the "TAU" reference.

Thankyou everyone ( tempelhof, Lysya, hucks216 ) for your responses. I had guessed he didn't get up to anything noteworthy - and yes, the ink has bled making the reason for the discharge unreadable - but it is still a nice snapshot of an individual's war service.

Who can say ours would have been any more exciting?
    Cheers, Dan

well you may feel it's a modest example, but i quite like it and am especially interested to see that you have the original cover along with it!

i have quite a few of these, but none with the original cover.

fantastic.

i very much enjoyed seeing it so thanks for posting.