Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wehrpass and a document of the I World War

Article about: Hello, I have bought a wehrpass and I need information about it, I hope that I might find help with this document. I have attached cover images, and just the pages that had writing on them.

Post Wehrpass and a document of the I World War

Hello,

I have bought a wehrpass and I need information about it, I hope that I might find help with this document. I have attached cover images, and just the pages that had writing on them. There is a interesting document (the last photos).

Wehrpass and a document of the I World WarWehrpass and a document of the I World WarWehrpass and a document of the I World WarWehrpass and a document of the I World WarWehrpass and a document of the I World WarWehrpass and a document of the I World WarWehrpass and a document of the I World WarWehrpass and a document of the I World WarWehrpass and a document of the I World WarWehrpass and a document of the I World WarWehrpass and a document of the I World War

Many thanks

Javier.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrpass and a document of the I World War  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrpass and a document of the I World War
    P
    Many

These documents are for a man named Arthur Schmidt, born 9th April 1895 in Berlin.

He was a machine fitter by civilian trade, of Protestand faith, married and had one child.

Schmidt had served in WWI from 1915 to 1918 as a Musketier (a basic-level infrantry private) with the Prussian Army, both on the Western Front and in Serbia. He was trained to handle the Gewehr 98 rifle as well as heavy machine guns. Having spent some time in a military hospital, he ended the war with the Convalescent Company for Infantry Regiment No. 26 and was honorably discharged on 15th November 1918. During his military service, his conduct was good and he had not been sentenced to administrative or judicial punishments.

In January 1940, he was registered for a reserved occupation with the AEG company.

In WWII, he had his first military medical examination on 24th March 1943, when he was found to be temporarily unfit for military service up until 31st August 1943.
    Upon his re-examination on 2nd September 1943, he was found arbeitsverwendungsfähig ["fit for work duty", the lowest category still considered suitable for military service, but restricted to light duty in garrisons etc.] and taken into the Landwehr (i.e. the supplementary reserves). He was not mobilized, though.

Thank you HPL2008 for your answer. It is very complete and interesting!!

I bought this wehrpass for the history of the Nazi Germany, and finally it is an interesting document related to the I World War!

I am very glad with the document. Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,

Javier554

Hello again,

I forgot to upload one page of the wehrpass. Please, could someone write the meaning of this new page?

Wehrpass and a document of the I World War

Thank you very much again.

Javier554

It's the page for awards and decorations. Only one is listed:

"Ehrenkr. f. Frontk." (= "Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer") awarded on 23rd August 1935, the entry made/confirmed by an officer ranked Hauptmann [Captain].

The award in question is the 1914/18 Honor Cross in the version for active combatants. Have a look at my thread on the decoration:

The 1914/1918 Ehrenkreuz