Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Wehrpass - Luft Ground Combat KIA - with English Translation

Article about: Here is my second Wehrpass post for anyone who is interested. Have two more so "like" this if you want to see them as these are quite long and don't want to waste anyones time if t

MAP
    ?

Default Wehrpass - Luft Ground Combat KIA - with English Translation

Here is my second Wehrpass post for anyone who is interested.

Have two more so "like" this if you want to see them as these are quite long and don't want to waste anyones time if there is no interest.....

Obergefreitel Edgar Schnabel
    - 1st Battery Anti-Aircraft Regiment 22, Doberitz - Elsgrund (in Brandenburg near Berlin)
    - Awarded
    1) M.V. drivers Badge
    2) M.V. drivers Badge Gold
    3) Sudetenland Medal
    4) Luftwaffe Anti Aircraft Badge
    5) Russian Front Medal
    6) Luftwaffe Ground Combat Badge

Quite a list of battles he fought in. Poland, Belgian, Addennes, Dunkirk, Somme River, Swiss border, Homeland War Zone AA, Russia......

As with the older Wehrpass post, I will split it up between a few posts.

Wehrpass - Luft Ground Combat KIA - with English TranslationWehrpass - Luft Ground Combat KIA - with English TranslationWehrpass - Luft Ground Combat KIA - with English TranslationWehrpass - Luft Ground Combat KIA - with English TranslationWehrpass - Luft Ground Combat KIA - with English TranslationWehrpass - Luft Ground Combat KIA - with English TranslationWehrpass - Luft Ground Combat KIA - with English TranslationWehrpass - Luft Ground Combat KIA - with English TranslationWehrpass - Luft Ground Combat KIA - with English TranslationWehrpass - Luft Ground Combat KIA - with English TranslationWehrpass - Luft Ground Combat KIA - with English TranslationWehrpass - Luft Ground Combat KIA - with English TranslationWehrpass - Luft Ground Combat KIA - with English TranslationWehrpass - Luft Ground Combat KIA - with English Translation

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrpass - Luft Ground Combat KIA - with English Translation
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Default Wehrpass - Luft Ground Combat KIA - with English Translation (#2)

Here is the next batch of pics for the Wehrpass

Wehrpass - Luft Ground Combat KIA - with English TranslationWehrpass - Luft Ground Combat KIA - with English TranslationWehrpass - Luft Ground Combat KIA - with English TranslationWehrpass - Luft Ground Combat KIA - with English TranslationWehrpass - Luft Ground Combat KIA - with English TranslationWehrpass - Luft Ground Combat KIA - with English TranslationWehrpass - Luft Ground Combat KIA - with English TranslationWehrpass - Luft Ground Combat KIA - with English TranslationWehrpass - Luft Ground Combat KIA - with English TranslationWehrpass - Luft Ground Combat KIA - with English Translation

Very nice Wehrpass. I think Luftwaffe Flak units, especially those used in support of ground units, are one of those areas that are very under-rated from a collectors viewpoint, just like Transport aircrew. Both saw alot of action and suffered their fair share of casualties.

The signature seen numerous times is that of Gerhard Rolle.

Your book is in superior condition! He was a very decorated veteran, and surprised with all of his decorations he didn't receive at least the war merit cross with swords. He saw a lot of operational support and actions!

MAP
    ?

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    Very nice Wehrpass. I think Luftwaffe Flak units, especially those used in support of ground units, are one of those areas that are very under-rated from a collectors viewpoint, just like Transport aircrew. Both saw alot of action and suffered their fair share of casualties.

The signature seen numerous times is that of Gerhard Rolle.
    Thanks hucks and humble. I thought it was interesting as well and I think I picked it up fairly cheap. Especially with the translation included.

Who was Gerhard Rolle?

I've posted another Wehrpass ( https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/soldb...-posts-419903/) if you are interested. This one was a KIA Wehrmacht. Interesting that the soldier was noted as being part of the "Special Deployment" unit. I was told these could be Killing Squads but not sure. But have not been able to verify. If you know anything about these units, would love to hear.

Take a look! Thanks!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nice wehrpass michael!!!

?

Encountered significant action while in a flak regiment and well-decorated to account for it. Much easier to read it all with the very nice translation of the entire booklet, too.

Gefreiter Edgar Schnabel of 1. Batterie/Flak Regiment 22 Lozozo

Name: Edgar Schnabel
    Date of birth: 2.11.1917
    Place of birth: Tornow
    Death/missing date: 11.11.1943
    Death/missing place: Retschiza

According to the Volksbund, an Obergefreiter who died at Feldlazarett 31 (mot.). Originally buried at the Heldenfriedhof in Retschiza in grave 226. He has not yet been reinterred from here, Rečyca, Belarus.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Witt View Post
    Encountered significant action while in a flak regiment and well-decorated to account for it. Much easier to read it all with the very nice translation of the entire booklet, too.

Gefreiter Edgar Schnabel of 1. Batterie/Flak Regiment 22 Lozozo

Name: Edgar Schnabel
    Date of birth: 2.11.1917
    Place of birth: Tornow
    Death/missing date: 11.11.1943
    Death/missing place: Retschiza

According to the Volksbund, an Obergefreiter who died at Feldlazarett 31 (mot.). Originally buried at the Heldenfriedhof in Retschiza in grave 226. He has not yet been reinterred from here, Rečyca, Belarus.
    Awesome thanks! Will need to print this out and add it to the book. Thanks for finding this!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)