Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Wehrpass - very short

Article about: Not much too it - but I'd like some help with it - As I mentioned in my last post I am trying to compose a ind of background on some of the items I own. Could anyone tell me about this one.

?

Default Wehrpass - very short

Not much too it - but I'd like some help with it - As I mentioned in my last post I am trying to compose a ind of background on some of the items I own. Could anyone tell me about this one. I wonder if he just died quickly? Do you find anything interesting in this? Anything you can tell me out this would be great - Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrpass - very short   Wehrpass - very short  

Wehrpass - very short  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrpass - very short
    P
    Many

Default Re: Wehrpass - very short

If that is all it shows, it would appear he reported for duty, but did not see any service. No "dog tag" number listed. May have been in a reserved occupation? Others will be able to tell you more.

Cheers, Ade.

?

He may have died for some reason prior to moving on with his service as the book starts then seems to grind to a halt,

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Ok. Hard to read his personal writing but he appears to have been a RAD member since he has a worker number but no military one. I looks like he was to be assigned to the Berlin Wehrkreis (defense district) later as a reservist. That is about all I see. Wehrpass books were used by the RAD as well as duty soldiers since RAD duty was required prior to entering the military. I think 2 years was the requirement. I'm pretty sure that was dropped as the war progressed. That's all I can offer.

?

Thanks very much for the help! This is great though, it is very helpful for this item. Knowing Some information really helps a lot.