Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Pattern of the Trench Art ?

Article about: Hallo, I'm writing to you dear warrelicks forum members with a question. Do anybody knows what type of an tool did the Red Army men used to create such a pattern visible at many of an trench

Default Pattern of the Trench Art ?

Hallo,

I'm writing to you dear warrelicks forum members with a question. Do anybody knows what type of an tool did the Red Army men used to create such a pattern visible at many of an trench work creations.

Yours Mario
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pattern of the Trench Art ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pattern of the Trench Art ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Pattern of the Trench Art ?

Till now I was able with such an easy equipment as you may see on the picture, create such as dinner pail. With: a short piece of song, my full name in Russian and a Star.

Do you like it ?.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pattern of the Trench Art ?   Pattern of the Trench Art ?  

Pattern of the Trench Art ?   Pattern of the Trench Art ?  

Pattern of the Trench Art ?  

It is made by cogwheel from watch or clock, metal is very hard.

Comrade,
    Did you run the Slogans past your Political Officer?, we are an army, not a circus ,after all...

?

Actually, this is called 'wriggle work' here in the U.S.

A small, chisel-shaped blade set in a wooden handle is pressed into the aluminum at an angle and then pivoted back and forth while walking the tip of the blade forward to produce a length of these Z shapes.

It's not that difficult to do, as long as your blade is sharp.

You can sharpen an old small screwdriver to a chisel shape and use it. Or you can take a nail and square off the point, sharpen it to a chisel shape and then set the nail in a wooden handle.

No hammer is required. Aluminum is soft enough to do this with the tool with hand pressure.

-Bill M

It is good to know the technique. I have often contacted sellers to warn them that the definition of ``trench art`` is exactly seen in the very name: all you can do with limited tools available. Still, enameled pieces are still offered as `` trench art``, or even embroidery! What you cannot do at home now they could not possibly do it in the trenches.