Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Navy Officers uniform + medals + documents

Article about: Hi all, Can anyone help me put the pieces of this puzzle together? My confusion is the following: Navy Officer with the Capture of Berlin medal Captain 2nd rank without gold leaves on visor

?

Default Navy Officers uniform + medals + documents

Hi all,

Can anyone help me put the pieces of this puzzle together? My confusion is the following:

Navy Officer with the Capture of Berlin medal
    Captain 2nd rank without gold leaves on visor
    Nothing mentioned about any navy fighting in award sheets

Any help is more than welcome!

Award List
    1. Last name, First Name and Patronymic​Filyachenko, Nikolay Vasil'evich
    2. Rank​​​​​​Guards Captain
    3. Position and military unit​Assistant division commander for political affairs/49th Red-Flag Guards Feodosievsky Mortar Regiment

4. Year of Birth​​​​​1915
    5. Ethnic Nationality​​​​Ukrainian
    6. Party membership​​​​member of VKP(b) *
    7. Participation in Civil War, subsequent military operations to protect USSR, Patriotic War:
    • 1939 - liberation of Poland
    • Aug 1941 - South, defense of Odessa, Sevastopol
    • April 1944 - OPA (separate seaside (maritime) army), 4th Ukrainian Front
    • July 1944 - 1st and 2nd Baltic Fronts
    • April 1945 - 1st Belarus Front
    8. Injuries and concussions during Patriotic War: Heavily wounded on June 3, 1942 (Sevastopol)
    9. In RKKA (Red Army) since November, 1936
    10. Drafted by Dnepropetrovsk GVK (recruitment office)
    11. Previous awards - order of Patriotic War 2nd degree
    12. Permanent home address - removed
    13. Short description of the act of bravery or military merits:
    • On April 22, 1945, near Bigen, the enemy began a counterattack and threatened the right flank of the division. Having received information about the enemy, comrade Filyachenko turned a battery around and moved it to the front line. Despite the front line being under heavy artillery and more fire, comrade Filyachenko managed to discharge a salvo at the counterattacking enemy. The counterattack was thwarted; up to a platoon of Nazis was killed, and six vehicles were destroyed.
    • On April 30, 1945, near Berlin, comrade Filyachenko was at an outlook near the front line and noticed that the infantry’s advance was impeded by mortar fire. Comrade Filyachenko left the outlook and joined the infantry, where he discovered the position of the enemy mortar battery. Firing a salvo based on these data, the Soviets were able to destroy the battery.
    Commander of the 1st battalion of the 49th GMFKP, Guards Major (signed) Voronov
    May 8th, 1945

Remarks of senior officers:
    - Worthy of the Order of the Patriotic War of the 1st Degree
    Commander of the 49 Red-Flag Guards Feodosievsky Mortar Regiment,
    Guards Lieutenant Colonel (signed) Pankratov
    (round seal)
    May 8, 1945

- Worthy of the Order of the Red Star
    Artillery commander, Guards Major General (signed) Morozov
    May 16, 1945

By order of the artillery commander of the 1st Belarus front, of June 9th, 1945, awarded the Order of the Patriotic War of the First Degree.
    Senior Deputy of Personnel Director, Guards Lieutenant Colonel (signed) Vasil’ev

Classified
    Copy #4
    Order of the Artillery Commander of the 1st Belarus Front
    June 9, 1945 Army in the field
    In the name of the Presidium of the Supreme Consul of the USSR, the following are awarded the Order of the Patriotic War of the 1st Degree for their exemplary execution of Command’s combat orders on the German invaders’ front and the valor and courage showed therein.
    #85.​Captain​​Filyachenko, Nikolay Vasil’evich
    Member of the War Council,
    Commander of the Front Artillery, Colonel General of Artillery
    (signed) V. Kazakov

Personnel Director,
    Colonel (signed) Milyahovsky

Record Card
    Awards Book #A-246304
    1.Last name​​​Filyachenko
    2.Name and Patronymic​​Nikolay Vasil'evich
    3.Rank​​​​Major
    4.Sex​​​​Male
    5.Birth Year​​​1915
    6.Pleace of Birth​​city of Dnepropetrovsk
    7.Party membership (since)​VKP(b), 1940 *
    8.Education​​​High School
    9.Ethnic Nationality​​Ukrainian
    10.In Red Army since​​1936
    11.Place of service (unit name) and position at the time of bestowal: 49th Red-Flag Guards Feodosievsky Mortar Regiment; assistant division commander for political affairs

12.Current place of service and position: 22nd Separate Security (custody) battalion; deputy battalion commander for political affairs
    13.Home address​Dnepropetrovsk region, station Igren', Carl Marx settlement
    14.List of all awards received:
    Name of the award​​​Serial #​Document #​Basis for Bestowal
    order of Patriotic War, 1st degree​241886​ 047765​Directive #02730 (02/30?) of June 9 - 45​
    ​​​​​​​​Artillery Commander, 1st Belarus Front

order of Patriotic War, 2nd degree​231169​ 367477​Directive #02730 (02/30?) of Aug 9 - 44​
    ​​​​​​​​Artillery Commander, 1st Baltic Front

medal for Military Merits (handwritten) ​3184404 ​​Directive 30447, Nov 5 - 54

order of Red Star (handwritten)​​3308749

medal for Victory over Germany​​​ 0052888​Directive May 9, 1945

medal for Capture of Berlin​​​ 296649​Directive June 9, 1945
    medal for Defense of Odessa​​​ 08549​​Directive December 22, 1942

medal for Defense of Sevastopol​​ 22812​​Directive December 22, 1942

medal for Oder, Nissu, and Baltic (Polish)​ 74729

medal for 30th anniversary of Soviet Army and Navy​​

signature of the awarded person ​​(signed)

Round Seal

I certify that all data in this document is accurate and the signature belongs to the awarded person
    (signed) Barukhson

Commander of the 22nd Separate security (custody) battalion

December 13, 1946

* old name for the Communist Party of Soviet Union
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Navy Officers uniform + medals + documents   Navy Officers uniform + medals + documents  

Navy Officers uniform + medals + documents   Navy Officers uniform + medals + documents  

Navy Officers uniform + medals + documents   Navy Officers uniform + medals + documents  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Navy Officers uniform + medals + documents
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Navy Officers uniform + medals + documents

Pictures
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Navy Officers uniform + medals + documents   Navy Officers uniform + medals + documents  

Hi,
    I hope I have understood your question and I do not understand why the set is on a navy uniform.
    The holder of orders and medals served in the artillery ....
    The set would be better on a kittel, or Mundir.
    Regards.

Quote by USSR View Post
    Captain 2nd rank without gold leaves on visor
    This is a parade mundir for Naval Land Forces - Rank of Lieutenant-Colonel. The rank terms "Captain - First, Second, and Third Rank" were reserved for sea-going senior commanders.

Also, there are three bars on the cuffs, and I believe that they should correspond to the number of stars on the shoulder-boards - but I am not 100% certain.

I also believe the cap dates from the (late) 1950s from it's construction & it's "crab" cockarde. It would need the leaves on the visor for such a rank.

In any case, "• April 1944 - OPA (separate seaside (maritime) army), 4th Ukrainian Front" - perhaps that means something. I would think that Naval Land Forces had additional types of artillery units other than Coastal Artillery and that many displaced Fleet personnel participated (including Odessa and Sevastopol veterans) in the land battles until the end - including the capture of Berlin...

Keep in mind that this type of parade uniform was deregulated during the latter part of 1951. Do not discount anything, as this could be a legitimate award/uniform grouping...

BTW, please show close-up images of the OBVERSE of all ODMs without removing them. I'm curious...

Navy Officers uniform + medals + documents  
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

?

Thank you RichieC!

Here the pictures you requested. Interesting info you give here! Never knew that naval personel were fighting on the ground as well. Btw, am I correct that you think the uniform is older than the visor?

Tnx again!

Quote by USSR View Post
    Thank you RichieC!

Btw, am I correct that you think the uniform is older than the visor?
    Yes.

I requested the images of the ODMs to see what our resident ODM guys think. Most likely, they will ask for more qualitative images.

I myself would like to see better images of the Guards badge...

?

Quote by RichieC View Post
    Yes.

I requested the images of the ODMs to see what our resident ODM guys think. Most likely, they will ask for more qualitative images.

I myself would like to see better images of the Guards badge...
    Thanks again for your help!

Yes, I will post better pictures tomorrow. I'm 100% sure the Orders of the Patriotic War are real but I always have a problem with autenticating the defense/capture medals.

The Order of the Red star is a early 50's edition. Probably for long service.

Follow up - Images?

?

Sorry, still haven't had time to make pictures in natural light.. :-( hope these help for the time being...

Cheers!

?

Guard badge...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast