Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Need help identifying this uniform.

Article about: I have this uniform that belonged to my late uncle. Can anyone please help me identify it? My aunt told me that it was a Soviet sailor's uniform. It is in an enclosed display case. I have po

captainrepo
    ?

Default Need help identifying this uniform.

I have this uniform that belonged to my late uncle. Can anyone please help me identify it? My aunt told me that it was a Soviet sailor's uniform. It is in an enclosed display case. I have posted a couple of pics. Sorry for glare. If more are needed I can provide. Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided. I would really like to know what this is as it is very interesting to me.Need help identifying this uniform.Need help identifying this uniform.Need help identifying this uniform.Need help identifying this uniform.Need help identifying this uniform.

2. # ADS

Default Re: Need help identifying this uniform.

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I have put your thread here in the Navy section.

You are correct. It is post WW2, that is all I can tell you.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

1980's Bushlat and winter hat
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

G'day Captainrepo,

Your aunt is absolutely correct. It appears, by the sleeve patch (Navigation) that your uncle was a helmsman in the 1970-80s and, by the cypher on the shoulder insignia of his coat, he served in the "Modern Fleet". The single cypher is not indicative of any particular fleet, i.e., Baltic, Artic, Black Sea, etc. The shoulder insignia were usually only worn on the winter coat, which yours appears to be, and the Shore Service Uniform. The red star with hammer & sickle badge on the shapka appera to be an early example. I trust this information is helpful.

Jim

?

Offtopic, Jim, you have a nice Estonian made Guards badge on the avatar
    Regards,
    Dimas

G'day Dimas,

Thank you. Yes, I know. It is the centrepoint of my "GVARDIA" badge collection and I am very lucky to have it. As you know, I'm sure, the Estonian "GVARDIA" badges are very rare. I have a special liking for the "GVARDIA" badges.

Cheers,

Jim

?

I have two of them, but sadly all with same damaged enamel
    Regards,
    Dimas

Yes, I know. I've only ever seen one that didn't have any enamel damage and it wasn't for sale or trade.