Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NKVD sailor?

Article about: Hello, I found this photos of a sailor with the initials NKDV mentioned on his tally.Could anabody give me more informations about this units of the NKVD within the red fleet? Borderguards u

Default NKVD sailor?

NKVD sailor?NKVD sailor?

Hello,
    I found this photos of a sailor with the initials NKDV mentioned on his tally.Could anabody give me more informations about this units of the NKVD within the red fleet? Borderguards units? separate costal unit? I do not speak russian and I cannot translate the handwritten notes on the back of the photos. Can anybody help me?

regards
    Jean-sébastien

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NKVD sailor?
    P
    Many

Default Re: NKVD sailor?

im no expert but i think the NKVD were formed to guard roads and were usually found just behind the front line to stop retreaters and cowardice they were also called barrior troops in the red fleet it would be a similar job description (make sure no one jumped overboard or got past at the gates on a dock they were allowed to indiscrimitantly fire on retreaters to "prove a point" and to rally the men. they were also similar to the gestapo (secret police) there were a lot of varoius jobs they did which also included the stalin "purge" this may also be of use (it isn't in russian)
    NKVD - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

tom

please correct me if i am wrong on any of my many points

Hello Tom,
    I think that this vision of the NKVD is a little bit restrictive. This image of Blocking troops does not really reflect the missions of the NKVD during the war. The role played in the front line by the borderguards is even heroic. For exemple, the resistance of the fortress of Brest-Litovsk in June, 1941. The comparison with the Gestapo is not relevant because the NKVD had direct implications in the fights . it had fighting units . NKVD is not only a political police.
    Regards
    Jean-sebastien
    Regards

you are intirely correct about the NKVD being a fighting unit jean missed that out

tom

Bonsoir Jean-sébastien,

I can read notes on the reverses of only 2 photos. Photo with gun a 4 sailors: Made at the celebration day of Navy 1943 and then 4 surnames of the sailors listed. Photo with ship: For memory of my service to home. Please look at these photos but do not tear them untill I come back. Kolja <affectionate Russian men's name>. June (or July) 1940.
    Notes on the other photos are too blind.
    Where on uniform do you see NKVD letters?
    I cannot read also legends on peakless caps, there are too small.

Bonsoir Sergejs,
    Thank you for the translation. I wil try to scan the tally of one of the sailor where I can read NKVD in cyrillic letters . Perhaps I Will be able to scan a better picture of the reverse of the photos .
    Regards.
    Jean Sebastien

Please scan closer legends on the caps too.
    I believe they all were navy border guards but need to read legends for confirmation.

?

It's a Morpogranohrana NKVD, normaly Naval Borderguard of NKVD. As all the borderguard troops was a part of NKVD
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics