Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Question-Soviet Naval Dagger-Authentic?

Article about: by Frayer It is true about the name of course - but I did not recall the exact year of the name change, so that is why I changed to more informal "KF". :-) Unlike RKKA name RKKF wa

?

Default Re: Question-Soviet Naval Dagger-Authentic?

Quote by Frayer View Post
    It is true about the name of course - but I did not recall the exact year of the name change, so that is why I changed to more informal "KF". :-)
    Unlike RKKA name RKKF was used for relatively short period of time in the 20-es. Since then it was VMS RKKA, then from December 1937 trough September 1939 RKVMF and from 1939 trough February 1946 VMF and then VMS again until 1955. So it's very vise to avoid RKKF abreviation altogether unless you are talking about russian civil war and short period after it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question-Soviet Naval Dagger-Authentic?
    P
    Many

?

Thank you for a such a good summary of name changes! It is all quite confusing (and hard to remember) - and many works are not so precise or clear or perhaps not correct.

For example, one can see "RKKF" cited as the "official name" until the order of 30.XII.1937, page 608 of
    Военный энциклопедический словарь
    Главной редакционной комиссии Ахромеев Сергей Фëдорович / Институт военной истории
    M. : Воен. издать., 1986.

You are very kind to help!

- Frayer

?

Quote by Frayer View Post
    For example, one can see "RKKF" cited as the "official name" until the order of 30.XII.1937, page 608 of
    Военный энциклопедический словарь
    Главной редакционной комиссии Ахромеев Сергей Фëдорович / Институт военной истории
    M. : Воен. издать., 1986.
    Really? Если на клетке с ослом написано буйвол, не верь глазам своим.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question-Soviet Naval Dagger-Authentic?   Question-Soviet Naval Dagger-Authentic?  

?

Yes, exactly - look at 10+ books or articles (general topics, not special organizational studies) and one sees several different usages - and it completely worse in foreign languages!
    I never paid close attention to the details of the name changes until your post. When looking more carefully, one actually learns things correctly.
    Без муки нет науки.

:-)
    - Frayer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2