Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question-Soviet Naval Dagger-Authentic?

Article about: by Frayer It is true about the name of course - but I did not recall the exact year of the name change, so that is why I changed to more informal "KF". :-) Unlike RKKA name RKKF wa

Default Question-Soviet Naval Dagger-Authentic?

Here is a Soviet Naval Dagger....is this dagger an authentic piece?

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question-Soviet Naval Dagger-Authentic?   Question-Soviet Naval Dagger-Authentic?  

Question-Soviet Naval Dagger-Authentic?   Question-Soviet Naval Dagger-Authentic?  

Question-Soviet Naval Dagger-Authentic?   Question-Soviet Naval Dagger-Authentic?  

Last edited by Kilroy Was Here; 07-31-2010 at 02:14 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question-Soviet Naval Dagger-Authentic?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Question-Soviet Naval Dagger-Authentic?

OK, I think I answered my own question. The dagger appears to be a real one.

There is a post made her a while back showing a 1944 dated dagger just like this one, but also with the original hangers.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/rkkf-...y-dagger-5053/

Comments still welcome on this 1945 date dagger.

What is a dagger like this worth today?

Regards, Steve
    Last edited by Kilroy Was Here; 07-31-2010 at 02:58 AM.

It is a nice example Steve with honest wear... I would cherish it if it were mine.

If you already own it, be happy whatever price (value?) you paid for it as these are becoming difficult to find...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Quote by RichieC View Post
    It is a nice example Steve with honest wear... I would cherish it if it were mine.

If you already own it, be happy whatever price (value?) you paid for it as these are becoming difficult to find...

Hi Richie, No, not fortunate enough to own it yet. I was doing some research before trying to purchase it. I like at also.

Can you tell me a little history about who, why, and how these daggers would have been issued and awarded? Were these of very high honor to get one?

Thanks for any more info and history,

Regards, Steve

?

Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post
    Here is a Soviet Naval Dagger....is this dagger an authentic piece?
    Regards, Steve
    Yes it is indeed very nice example of M40.

?

Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post
    Can you tell me a little history about who, why, and how these daggers would have been issued and awarded? Were these of very high honor to get one?
    These dagger were and still are regular side arms in the Soviet/Russian Navy. Instituted in late 1940, these daggers from 1941 through 1945 were issued to every member of commanding personal in the Navy. In 1945 senior NCO were added to that list.

Quote by vvadim View Post
    These dagger were and still are regular side arms in the Soviet/Russian Navy. Instituted in late 1940, these daggers from 1941 through 1945 were issued to every member of commanding personal in the Navy. In 1945 senior NCO were added to that list.

Thank you very much Vadim. Very good, excellent information.

Thanks for taking time to explain more about the daggers. I like them even more now.

Regards, Steve
    Last edited by Kilroy Was Here; 08-01-2010 at 05:39 AM.

?

Salut "vvadim"!

Could you please have the kindess to give your opinion -
    1. was the rank Мичман included in the issue from 1941, or from 1945 ?
    2. was the issue extended to all elements of the KF (to include shipboard engineering, shore-based command and technical parts, etc.)?

If you can show a link to the original order(s), this will be enough - one can read for oneself, of course.

Thank you for your assistance!

С уважением,
    - Фрайер
    Last edited by Frayer; 07-31-2010 at 11:59 PM.

?

Smile Re: Question-Soviet Naval Dagger-Authentic?

Quote by Frayer View Post
    Salut "vvadim"!

Could you please have the kindess to give your opinion -
    1. was the rank Мичман included in the issue from 1941, or from 1945 ?
    2. was the issue extended to all elements of the KF (to include shipboard engineering, shore-based command and technical parts, etc.)?

If you can show a link to the original order(s), this will be enough - one can read for oneself, of course.

Thank you for your assistance!

С уважением,
    - Фрайер
    Soviet Navy from 1939 - 1946 was called VMF. So it was nice of you to change RKKF to KF, but still not good enough.

Paragraph 6 will answer all of your questions I hope. This is from June 6 1945.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question-Soviet Naval Dagger-Authentic?  

?

Thank you! - it is perfect.

It is true about the name of course - but I did not recall the exact year of the name change, so that is why I changed to more informal "KF".
    :-)

Maybe of use to some :
    Приказы и директивы наркома ВМФ
    http://glavkom.narod.ru/directiv.htm

Again, thank you!
    - Frayer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast