Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Soviet Black Sea fleet objects

Article about: In the winter of 1990 I met a few Russian sailors in the harbour of Amsterdam. For a few Dutch Guilders I bought a plastic bag full of objects from the Soviet navy from one of them. In 1990

Default Soviet Black Sea fleet objects

In the winter of 1990 I met a few Russian sailors in the harbour of Amsterdam. For a few Dutch Guilders I bought a plastic bag full of objects from the Soviet navy from one of them. In 1990 Soviet uniforms were quit rare in the west. In the plastic bag I found a uniform jacket, a navy visor cap, a “Beskozirka” summer naval peakless cap, a Soviet navy sailor belt and a belt of the Russian merchant navy.
    The Soviet navy objects are still in my collection today but in spite of that I do not know that much from it. In particular the uniform jacket is still a mystery. I have the idea that the Russian sailor just put a few navy objects together in the plastic bag. I do not think that all objects have belonged to one person. Who can tell me more about the Soviet navy objects?

Picture01; The uniform jacket. The jacket has no stamps inside. The officer shoulder boards (picture02) are 1988 dated. The jacket has 4 army buttons and 1 navy button (picture03) ???!!
    The jacket is wearing on the left breast pocket a badge for extended service in the navy. On the right breast pocket a badge of the Soviet Russian Kara class cruiser “Kerch” (picture04). As far as I know this cruiser is still active in the Russian Black Sea fleet. On both sleeves the uniform jacket has ranks/decorations. What kind of ranks/decoations they are I do not know. Maybe somebody can tell me? The dummy is also wearing a summer visor cap of the Soviet navy.
    Picture05; “Beskozirka” summer naval peakless cap of the Soviet Black Sea fleet (Tschernomorski flot). What about the black/orange text band on the cap? I have also seen Black Sea fleet peakless caps with a black text ribbon.
    Picture06; On the left a belt of the Russian merchant navy and right a Soviet navy sailor belt, 1988 dated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet Black Sea fleet objects   Soviet Black Sea fleet objects  

Soviet Black Sea fleet objects   Soviet Black Sea fleet objects  

Soviet Black Sea fleet objects   Soviet Black Sea fleet objects  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet Black Sea fleet objects
    P
    Many

Default Re: Soviet Black Sea fleet objects

Nice display!

Boridin

Quote by RedHorseman25 View Post
    Nice display!

Boridin
    Thanks and yes the objects are nice only... I wish I know more about the objects.
    It is possible that all objects (accept the merchant navy belt) came from the cruiser “Kerch”. Maybe one of the sailors that I met served on it.
    For more details about the Soviet Russian Kara class cruiser “Kerch” ; Large ASW Destroyer "Kerch" - Project 1134B / Kara class , Kara class cruiser - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and File:Missile cruiser KERCH.JPEG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well being white, they are summer uniforms. The shoulder board you show is a "fantasy" board, as the branch insignia is for Motorized Rifles of the Army, and has nothing to do with the Navy, at least nothing that I am aware of. The board itself is for a senior officer, as it has the two stripes, but it has no actual rank displayed.

Not being all that familiar with Navy, I can't really tell you much more, but the tally's on the enlisted cover seem to be more ceremonial, than actual service, as the ribbon is the same ribbon as used on the Victory over Germany medal, but the Cockade is an Army officers cockade.

In your picture #3, you show both Army, and Naval Admirals buttons. My guess is, this is stuff that they got at a warehouse, since the SU was crumbling, and they palmed it off on you. That is not to say it isn't really cool stuff, it just seems to be a conglomeration of various military, and Merchant Marine items.

Boridin

The tunic with those stars and stripes is a complete put together. Wrong boards, wrong insignia. The stripes are for a black tunic and the golden stars on the other sleeve are for a NCO tunic. You should have those removed and the shoulder boards replaced with correct ones.