Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Supposed Soviet Navy Grouping

Article about: Hello everyone. First time I have posted in this sub-forum as I really am not a big collector of Soviet stuff, but definantly trying to get more into it. Now on to the items at hand. This gr

Default Supposed Soviet Navy Grouping

Hello everyone. First time I have posted in this sub-forum as I really am not a big collector of Soviet stuff, but definantly trying to get more into it.

Now on to the items at hand. This group is purported to be from one man. A Soviet Navy officer who fought in WWII against the Japanese. I don't think that story is true. I am more concerned if its possible this is from one man and anything else that can be told to me about these items. Thank you in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Supposed Soviet Navy Grouping
    P
    Many

Dom
    ?

Hi ,

He fought on the Western Front, Victory on Germany, Berlin, Warsaw .

Note these are two sets of bars almost similar to each other - no way one man has been awarded twice.
    As to shoulder boards -Navy technical service captain-lieutenant.

I understand these things, I'm just trying to figure out if these items go together. Obviously the cockade and the shoulder boards have the potential to be one group but what about the two medal bars? If the medals on them are indeed the Berlin medal and Warsaw medal then why would a navy officer have been awarded those? Is it possible for these medals to be awarded to navy personnel?

I would not waste your time with this lot unless it was less than twenty to thirty bucks - the most. The 60s era crab cockarde is almost worth that.

Did the seller even divulge the man's name?

...and by the way, the stars on the shoulder-boards are incorrect - they should be silvered.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Quote by RichieC View Post
    I would not waste your time with this lot unless it was less than twenty to thirty bucks - the most. The 60s era crab cockarde is almost worth that.

Did the seller even divulge the man's name?

...and by the way, the stars on the shoulder-boards are incorrect - they should be silvered.
    The seller did not, he only said that the widow of the man approached him to sell these items. I figured the story was fake, or at least highly embellished. I think it should also be of note that this group as it currently sits is not for a great deal of money (30 doll-hairs including shipping). I figured it might be worth the shot for at least the early cockade and the shoulder boards as items on their own. Thoughts on the price?