Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 Russian Navy Dress Dagger?

Article about: Since my recent good luck with the helmet I thought I would put this on to see if it is up to much. It is barely readable but the blade is marked at the top with what looks like HM3 within a

Default WW2 Russian Navy Dress Dagger?

Since my recent good luck with the helmet I thought I would put this on to see if it is up to much. It is barely readable but the blade is marked at the top with what looks like HM3 within an oval and 1945 is below this. The reverse side has an equaly hard to read serial number of N022272. all fittings appear to be guilded brass.

The handel appears to be yellow plastic/bone?

It is item number 2 of only 3 Russian items I own, the third is a first aid medics pack but this has been reissued to the Germans with a German contents list, I will post this too in the appropriat area.

Thanks for looking
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Russian Navy Dress Dagger?   WW2 Russian Navy Dress Dagger?  

WW2 Russian Navy Dress Dagger?   WW2 Russian Navy Dress Dagger?  

WW2 Russian Navy Dress Dagger?   WW2 Russian Navy Dress Dagger?  

WW2 Russian Navy Dress Dagger?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 Russian Navy Dress Dagger?
    P
    Many

Default Re: WW2 Russian Navy Dress Dagger?

Dagger is right on... Very nice.

I believe the belt is of the type that was introduced during 1950X and used up until the end.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Shown here is an example of the earlier type:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Russian Navy Dress Dagger?  

Cheers for info Richie,

I have been fiddling about with it and it all comes appart if you screw the top off, there is a 3 on one side of the tang and a funny looking Russian letter on the other. I think I will post a photo of it later and rebuild it before I lose bits or break it. What is the handle made of ?

We'll wait for your photos.

As far as the material that the grip is composed of; I never gave it much thought, but I am inclined to say that it is a type of celluloid.

Richie,

I have done it immediatley since you are waiting. What time is it across the pond and what do these normally sell for?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Russian Navy Dress Dagger?   WW2 Russian Navy Dress Dagger?  

?

Hi Jock , how long have you owned it ? the blade tang looks very bright or is it the camera flash !

Al

Al,

I think I got it around 2 years after the wall came down over here. I took it as part payment in a swap. It was meant to be a German Army dagger but he couldn't get it so he offered this. He did offer to buy it back a few years later but I had already given it to my son. He has now left home and has no interest in it or my German stuff. He does want a Japanese officers sword though so there is still the axis interest.

Quote by jock auld View Post
    Richie,

I have done it immediatley since you are waiting. What time is it across the pond and what do these normally sell for?

What I meant by "waiting" was that I would not comment further on the markings until I see them in a photo...

I assume that I am 5 hours or so behind you. Bergen/Belsen?

In any case, I would think that these markings (one of which is the number three, the other appears to be the Russian Cyrillic letter of Ц - pronounced "tse-a") are some type of manufacturing or quality control stamps.

Having not seen one of these for sale in some time, I am afraid that I am unable to quote an exact value. My guess that a retail figure of $350.00 - $400.00 US would be appropriate.

?

Quote by jock auld View Post
    He does want a Japanese officers sword though so there is still the axis interest.
    jock , i must admit that i have a japanese officer`s sword , and it`s the centre piece of my edged weapon collection , i love it !!!there are certain pieces of military equipment that are renouned and that is one of them in my opinion!!!

Al

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast