Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Allge.SS brocade belt and buckle for confirmation

Article about: This was found together as a set. I'm almost 99% certain that both the brocade belt and buckle are authentic period pieces, but an extra set of informed eyes is always a helpful precaution.

Default Allge.SS brocade belt and buckle for confirmation

This was found together as a set. I'm almost 99% certain that both the brocade belt and buckle are authentic period pieces, but an extra set of informed eyes is always a helpful precaution. I have been told these belts were manufactured in two grades, one having wool backing and the more expensive option having a velvet backing. The backing to this belt is wool and nothing on the brocade floureces under blacklight. It is very difficult to photograph due to the contrast of silver to the black backing but I've tried my best.

In trying to research these belts it appears to be the same construction and attributes as the few I saw that are impressed 'JFR' within a circle toward the end of the leather tongue. This one was obviously coiled up for a very long time as it has a tendency to roll back up when attemptimg to lay it flat, at least toward the end length. A view of the backing material section behind the leather tongue shows how apparent it is that it has rested there quite a long time.

Any educated observations are welcome.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allge.SS brocade belt and buckle for confirmation   Allge.SS brocade belt and buckle for confirmation  

Allge.SS brocade belt and buckle for confirmation   Allge.SS brocade belt and buckle for confirmation  

Allge.SS brocade belt and buckle for confirmation   Allge.SS brocade belt and buckle for confirmation  

Allge.SS brocade belt and buckle for confirmation  
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allge.SS brocade belt and buckle for confirmation
    P
    Many

Default Re: Allge.SS brocade belt and buckle for confirmation

Hello and welcome, cannot comment on the Brocade but there is nothing wrong with the buckle
    Ben

Looks to me an original ensemble in exceptional condition, well done

?

Original
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Thank you gentlemen for all the comments. I had the opportunity this weekend to show it in person to several collectors having first hand experience with these belts and it received raving positive reviews from them as well. So I am indeed happy that it's a winner!

An excellent looking original brocade set. Very nice!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."