Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Allgemeine & Waffen - SS Koppelschloss with Feldbinde

Article about: I've come across this General and Waffen-SS buckle and belt. To be honest, I didn't know what it was - found it in L.Hartung & L.Bichlmaier's German Buckle 1919 - 1945 handbook which lis

?

Default Allgemeine & Waffen - SS Koppelschloss with Feldbinde

I've come across this General and Waffen-SS buckle and belt. To be honest, I didn't know what it was - found it in L.Hartung & L.Bichlmaier's German Buckle 1919 - 1945 handbook which lists it as above - for SS leaders to Oberst-Gruppenführer - Reichsführer SS.
    However the belt doesn't match the handbook description - black leather for service uniform, now importantly parade belt (which I take it to be) silver spoon with SS- runes weave inlay and two black strips both top & bottom. As you can see the belt is silver spoon, but with only two brown lines one upper & one lower and no SS rune weave inlay. The handbook has more technical details - maker, RZM Nr. material etc. My question does anyone know why / what this combination mean. Any information appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine & Waffen - SS Koppelschloss with Feldbinde  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine & Waffen - SS Koppelschloss with Feldbinde
    P
    Many

Default Re: Allgemeine & Waffen - SS Koppelschloss with Feldbinde

It means the belt and the buckle have been married together. The belt is definitely not SS.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    It means the belt and the buckle have been married together. The belt is definitely not SS.
    Good - that's what I wanted to know. I'm not too au fait with the different SS rank levels and their dress uniforms.

Alec

The buckle is a fake SS Officer buckle so if that is the case it does not give the brocade much chance in my eyes
    Ben

Neither are of SS origin.

Just looking at the brocade IF original, the colour of the stripes looks like a RAD brocade, there is a light variation of them and the sliders looks like one is from a Forestry brocade and the other one from a Heer brocade. Also ref the lining of the brocade that looks like the green from a Forestry brocade where the RAD is normally a brown wool or gabardine.

Just looking at the RAD brocades they have three stripes not two so no idea what it might be I will look in the Angloia book when I get home
    Last edited by Ben Evans; 03-19-2013 at 10:13 AM.
    Ben

SS brocade should look like this
    Attached Images Attached Images Allgemeine & Waffen - SS Koppelschloss with Feldbinde 
    Ben

?

Ben, Bob,
    Thanks for your help on this. Ben's last brocade picture matches the picture in the handbook, I'd from the start thought the brocade dubious, he says the buckle is also fake - then that's good enough for me. Again thanks for the help.