Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another 822/38 thread!

Article about: Hi guys, I picked this up locally as a part of a larger group of items. In my eyes, it looks like a combat worn buckle. I welcome everyone’s feedback! Longshot

Default Another 822/38 thread!

Hi guys,

I picked this up locally as a part of a larger group of items. In my eyes, it looks like a combat worn buckle. I welcome everyone’s feedback!

Longshot

Another 822/38 thread!

Another 822/38 thread!

Another 822/38 thread!

Another 822/38 thread!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another 822/38 thread!
    P
    Many

RMD
    ?

Below is an authentic SS buckle for comparison.

.. Overhoff SS (Schutzstaffel) belt buckle. Stamped steel with motto “Meine Ehre heißt Treue!” (My Honour is Loyalty!)

The reverse of the buckle is unmarked but this design is attributed to the maker Overhoff & Cie, Lüdenscheid.

Take care

Another 822/38 thread!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another 822/38 thread!   Another 822/38 thread!  

Attached Images Attached Images Another 822/38 thread! 

RMD
    ?

Early Overhoff SS (Schutzstaffel) belt buckle. / Nickel variant /

.. Reverse of the buckle is marked “O&C” for the maker Overhoff & Cie of Lüdenscheid and “Ges. gesch.” (Gesetzlich Geschützt).

Another 822/38 thread!Another 822/38 thread!

Thanks RDM!

When I compared my 822/38 to the ones in the threads below, I have a hard time differentiating. The proportions and details look almost identical. Can you point out anything specific on mine that looks incorrect or out of place?

SS buckle rzm 822/38 help

And in this thread as well, it was hard for me to pinpoint differences between mine and theirs.

SS aluminum 822/38

Thank you again for your help!

Quote by RMD View Post
    Below is an authentic SS buckle for comparison.

.. Overhoff SS (Schutzstaffel) belt buckle. Stamped steel with motto “Meine Ehre heißt Treue!” (My Honour is Loyalty!)

The reverse of the buckle is unmarked but this design is attributed to the maker Overhoff & Cie, Lüdenscheid.
    You CANNOT compare a SS buckle made by Richard Sieper (822) with ANY SS buckle made by Overhoff (36). Those were two different makers with a different design for each.
    By the same token, you SHOULD NOT compare SS buckles originating from the same maker (for example Overhoff) between different periods of manufacture.

You MUST compare an apple with an apple and an orange with an orange.

Quote by Longshot841 View Post
    Hi guys,

I picked this up locally as a part of a larger group of items. In my eyes, it looks like a combat worn buckle. I welcome everyone’s feedback!
    Unfortunately it is a cast reproduction.

Quote by Jean Pierre Redeuilh View Post
    Unfortunately it is a cast reproduction.
    Many thanks, my friend! I will have to spend more time reading.

And again the original poster believe that Robbie(RMD) knows something about these buckles which he does not.. simply finding pictures from other threads and posting them... leave it to the people who knows their buckles to reply and actually help!

Hello again! I had posted my buckle on a few other sites, and the feedback I’ve received has been unanimously positive. At the risk of beating a dead horse, I was hoping to respectfully ask for details as to why it looks like a fake? It’s hard for me to pinpoint flaws with it based on other photos I have to compare it to and the articles I’ve read about it, so for my benefit could someone please elaborate?

Many thanks!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast