Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Another two buckles.. The same marker, but different wings?

Article about: This buckles are made by O & C ges. gesch.. But wings seems different. Maybie various years of production?? And a years in which these buckles was approx produced, please?

Default Another two buckles.. The same marker, but different wings?

This buckles are made by O & C ges. gesch.. But wings seems different. Maybie various years of production?? And a years in which these buckles was approx produced, please?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	111.8 KB 
ID:	646913   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	646914  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	646916   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	132.6 KB 
ID:	646915  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

To be honest I dont know, early nickel EM SS buckles, maybe JP can give you a date if he reads the thread
    Ben

According to the Angolia book the SS buckle was designed by Hitler himself, drawings were being designed in 1927 by Overhoff and was introduced 1931. So if correct these early nickel buckles were around from 1931 onwards. Again hopefully JP will have some input and maybe give you more up to date info
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    According to the Angolia book the SS buckle was designed by Hitler himself, drawings were being designed in 1927 by Overhoff and was introduced 1931. So if correct these early nickel buckles were around from 1931 onwards. Again hopefully JP will have some input and maybe give you more up to date info
    Perhaps someone advise .. I'm interested in it

I would say making an educated guess that the very early prototypes came out in early 1931, then we start to see the marked 35/36, 36/36 buckles by Overhoff so to me it makes sense that the early nickel buckles came between 1931 to 1935/36. I would say the common Overhoff marked buckle probably peaked around 1933/34. Again this is just my opinion based on looking at times lines along side the markings on the buckles and possible known facts and dates if correct
    Ben

I would say making an educated guess that the very early prototypes came out in early 1931, then we start to see the marked 35/36, 36/36 buckles by Overhoff so to me it makes sense that the early nickel buckles came between 1931 to 1935/36. I would say the common Overhoff marked buckle probably peaked around 1933/34. Again this is just my opinion based on looking at times lines along side the markings on the buckles and possible known facts and dates if correct
    Our opinions are the same .. I thought the same years

Quote by Bucklemann View Post
    Our opinions are the same .. I thought the same years
    Then we think alike my friend lol
    Ben

Then we think alike my friend lol
    That must be our types right