Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Beautiful Waffen SS buckle (relic)

Article about: Hello people! I bought this one as I had that feeling when you see something and it's like talking to you. The price was amazing so even if you say it is a bad one it won't be a loss... What

Default Beautiful Waffen SS buckle (relic)

Hello people!

I bought this one as I had that feeling when you see something and it's like talking to you. The price was amazing so even if you say it is a bad one it won't be a loss...
    What do you think about it?
    What could be the story behind it?
    I find it very weird that only the interesting part survived and in that condition...
    Could someone have cut it in the past to keep the eagle?
    I think I see traces of glue at the back side and also some weird part of sharpening or welding...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Beautiful Waffen SS buckle (relic)   Beautiful Waffen SS buckle (relic)  

Beautiful Waffen SS buckle (relic)   Beautiful Waffen SS buckle (relic)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Beautiful Waffen SS buckle (relic)
    P
    Many

Any help guys?

There could be any number of reasons for this. Battle damage, being cut out as a souvenir or POW piece, maybe even just the way it's happened to fall apart over the years.
    I'm afraid I can't help with any specifics. I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to anything SS. Hopefully others will be along to speculate soon.

B.B.

Hello LK. It s a neat piece. It was a molded aluminum buckle as the sizeable chunk of metal shown that was ground down on the reverse was the catch. My guess it was or is implying that this was a ground dug piece. Personally we ve seen ground dug buckles here that show alot less wear than your example, however I assume where it was found would also play a role in condition, acidic soil, bog, dump etc.. For me the deterioration is too severe for me to give an opinion on authenticity. Perhaps Been,Ivan,Kirby or Markus can venture a guess? Best regards.

Brian

Its original, looks like its been cut out for some reason and been in the ground
    Ben

Thank you people for your help! Now that I know it is an original piece I love it even more! Something on the way it is makes me ponder on what might have happened on it...