Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Buckle SS , original or fake ?

Article about: Hello , I m here new and my english is veryy bad but i need help with this buckle, few people say, yes is OK and other no its fake , maybe you can help me . Buckle is marking 155/43

Default Re: Buckle SS , original or fake ???

Quote by arashiras View Post
    Hello there,
    Oh, I.ve got the same worries, could you ....
    Many thanks for your time...
    It is a sad thing to see that a hobby creates "worries" ...
    A hobby, collection ,sport or what ever should give you joy and satisfaction.
    I would sujest to bring your collection to a level that matches your knowledge.
    I started with relics, ground fund's; the chances for fakes are less . Study these carefully, so you can upgrade at a later stage.
    After one year, and with the help of thise forum, I am able to purchase a good buckle...Only looking for a bargain know...to get full satisfaction of the hobby.
    There is nothing to it spending money on an item (even when it is genuine ) when you have to pay the maximum to get it.
    Just my way of seeing things

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Buckle SS , original or fake ?
    P
    Many

shadow.cz
    ?

Default Re: Buckle SS , original or fake ?

Ben Evans ,here is few pictures on normal day light . (sorry for my bad english)

[QUOTE=shadow.cz;39316]Ben Evans ,here is few pictures on normal day light . (sorry for my bad english)
    QUOTE]

Don't wurry about your English, we are not here to win the Purlitzer price.
    But I have got my doubts about your buckel.

shadow.cz
    ?

really ? what is wrong on this buckle ?

The best way for this buckle is to measure the buckle, if it is less than 64mm in length then it is a fake, off the top of my head original ones were around 64/65mm x 48/49mm and the fakes are 62mm x 46/47mm. measure the buckle now and it will tell you itself, for the me the buckle looks too grey and I would say a moulded repro. Measure the buckle and let it give you the answer
    Ben

I do have a problem with the little "pebbles" lying on the surface, on the back. They are rets of a welding procedure!!
    They do come of easily and should come of while wearing the buckle, and it does shows to have being used.

shadow.cz
    ?

the grey color from back sites is some oxidation(its not cleaned). and is 63mm x 47,5mm if its this fake I kill him :-(

Quote by shadow.cz View Post
    ... if its this fake I kill him :-(
    ...Did he know what it was??

Quote by shadow.cz View Post
    the grey color from back sites is some oxidation(its not cleaned). and is 63mm x 47,5mm if its this fake I kill him :-(

If it is less than 64mm I would take it as a fake, the real ones are near to 65mm
    Ben

Here are datas I published in early 2001, the ones everybody is using by now. But keep in mind it was comparing original 36/40's versus fake cast 36/40's and showing this reduction:

Original length: 64.76 mm Fake length: 62.94 mm
    Original Eagle wingspan (tip to tip): 53.45 mm Fake: 52.23 mm
    Original width (external): 48.34 mm Fake: 46.82 mm
    Original emblem (top eagle's head to bottom of rope): 43.95 mm Fake: 41.53 mm

The above sizes for the fake do apply to the Generation 2 produced in CZ Rep. The Ukrainian variant is even smaller.
    So, indeed, it is as simple as that: take lenght measurement. If it is smaller than 64 you will find all other measurements shrinked as well.

Note that the above data can be used for fake versus original 36/40's but also safely for 36/39's, 36/38's and 36/37's. BUT should not be fully used for other fake alu reproducing buckles made by Sieper (#822) or Assmann (#155) even if at least overall length and width could be similar depending of the original type.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast