Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Early Overhoff SS and belt added to collection

Article about: Hey guys....Here's my newest SS buckle. It's my first early Overhoff - so I'm quite happy to have it added to the buckle collection. I have a considerable number of buckles....but that said:

Default Early Overhoff SS and belt added to collection

Hey guys....Here's my newest SS buckle. It's my first early Overhoff - so I'm quite happy to have it added to the buckle collection. I have a considerable number of buckles....but that said: only 2 SS......One early Overhoff and one late Overhoff. Would like to find a nice RODO with lots of paint remaining - but that battle will be fought some other time!

Here are some pics of the new addition. It included a combat belt - but no SS markings so no way of knowing if these were always together. But interesting to note that the belt was shortened in a very different manner.
    Usually the belt is shortened on the end where the buckle slips on .... this one was shortened on the other side where you find the buckle clip! Looks period done and interesting to see who the leather was cut and "re-folded" over.

Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Overhoff SS and belt added to collection   Early Overhoff SS and belt added to collection  

Early Overhoff SS and belt added to collection   Early Overhoff SS and belt added to collection  

Early Overhoff SS and belt added to collection   Early Overhoff SS and belt added to collection  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Overhoff SS and belt added to collection
    P
    Many

Default Re: Early Overhoff SS and belt added to collection

Here are a few more shots where I'm comparing the early and late Overhoff examples.....clear differences are prongs, belt catch, construction (steel/nickel), and the ears on the back of the buckle. Oh yeah....also the fact that the late example is unmarked.

Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Overhoff SS and belt added to collection   Early Overhoff SS and belt added to collection  

iron cross
    ?

Great buckles and a great addition to a collection. Also like you said very strange how the belt was shortened looks to be field done so thats good. Nice addition

?

Rob, very nice addition to the buckle collection!
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Nice early buckle Rob, a very nice addition to your ever growing collection and as you stated a very unusual way of shortening the belt.
    Ben

Thanks guys! Glad to see it appreciated for what it is.

I'm quite happy with this acquisition!

Rob

rob not a buckle collector but would love a O&C ss buckle as nice as this its a belter

?

Hi Rob , I your new buckle is real nice i love the way the edges have softened with wear and you are left with a lovely contrast from the darkness in the crevisses to the shiney higher areas , this really makes the details stand out . I`d love one of these , and thanks for showing it ,

cheers Al

Hey Al....Yes, you're right: the highs/lows of the buckle certainly highlight the details to the front. Good call! Glad you like it guys!

Rob