MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early SS

Article about: Here is my new unmarked nickel SS EM buckle. Brass catch and brass prong bar with flat tips. I have found very few examples of this type of prongs. One example in the SS makers thread and an

?

Here is my new unmarked nickel SS EM buckle. Brass catch and brass prong bar with flat tips. I have found very few examples of this type of prongs. One example in the SS makers thread and another on a SS buckle only marked Ges Gesch.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early SS   Early SS  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early SS
    P
    Many

?

I also got this private purchase dress belt with about 85% of it's black wool backing. I have never come across another one with a black backing so it maybe SS.

Nice one Kirby, I am looking at this one at the moment

Ben

And these, trying to figure out what I can buy

Ben

?

I like all five. The RODO is great, There is one here at the SOS with about 90% of it's paint. It is priced higher than I would go. I could sell my two RODO with no paint on the front for about what this one would cost. I also got a second JFS buckle at the show. I didn't need it but for the price of a unmarked Overhoff I couldn't pass it up. Overall I haven't found much at the show. Hopefully I will find some stuff today. There is a lot of nice nickel SS buckles 63, 24, 57, 57 Ges Gesch. Great buckles but ones a have.

One of these os a DRGM Kirby
    Ben

?

Do you mean you have seen a buckle likes this marked DRGM? I don't recall any SS buckle marked DRGM except the 257 SS marked Police officers buckle.

Wonderful buckle there Kirby... And my guess is that Ben means a SS like this one:
    Overhoff nickle silver SS

But I can't see a DRGM marking on the picture.

Kenny please see pic
    Attached Images Attached Images Early SS 
    Ben

Great display of scarce SS buckles in mint condition, I have all of them in my collection, the Kirby's early unmarked nickelsilver buckle is very nice but the marked Ges. gesch type is less common, in my opinion the Kirby buckle, the "Oeil Cerné and the Overhoff Capital G type 1 DRGM are the seldom seen buckles of them, the "Cracked Wing" type1, the Rodo type 1 (except for his pristine condition) and the JFS are the less desirable ones

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast