Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Ground dug buckle by Assmann & Co, Ludenscheid

Article about: Quite good condition after cca 70 years under the ground.. Apparently quality material

Default Ground dug buckle by Assmann & Co, Ludenscheid

Quite good condition after cca 70 years under the ground.. Apparently quality material
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ground dug buckle by Assmann & Co, Ludenscheid   Ground dug buckle by Assmann & Co, Ludenscheid  

Ground dug buckle by Assmann & Co, Ludenscheid   Ground dug buckle by Assmann & Co, Ludenscheid  

Ground dug buckle by Assmann & Co, Ludenscheid   Ground dug buckle by Assmann & Co, Ludenscheid  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ground dug buckle by Assmann & Co, Ludenscheid
    P
    Many

Is that the same buckle cleaned up? If so it came up really well Hard to find buckle as well
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Is that the same buckle cleaned up? If so it came up really well Hard to find buckle as well
    Yes Ben, it's the same buckle after cleaning

Quote by Bucklemann View Post
    Yes Ben, it's the same buckle after cleaning
    Wow! It came up well
    Ben

I preferred it as it was but each to their own, nice buckle!....

?

'Quite good!' - that is extraordinary good condition for so long in the ground.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I preferred it as it was but each to their own, nice buckle!....
    I'm with Gunny on this one.
    And I'll explain why; its not that the cleaned up buckle doesnt look good, because it does. Its just, that we see so many cleaned up or 'above ground found' buckles in this or close to this condition. They are still nice and sought after buckles but I dont mind a bit of patina.
    This is purely a personal preference in this case - opinion may vary.

Quote by Scout View Post
    'Quite good!' - that is extraordinary good condition for so long in the ground.

I'm with Gunny on this one.
    And I'll explain why; its not that the cleaned up buckle doesnt look good, because it does. Its just, that we see so many cleaned up or 'above ground found' buckles in this or close to this condition. They are still nice and sought after buckles but I dont mind a bit of patina.
    This is purely a personal preference in this case - opinion may vary.
    Thank you for your feedback! Usually I try to keep the patina (you can see in my other threads).. But here (in my opinion) was shame to leave buckle in this state..

?

....the buckle still looks great after cleaning and its certainly YOUR buckle to do with, as you please.

To me, the not yet cleaned buckle just simply summed up the harsh fighting and blood, sweat and tears shed on both sides of the conflict (if that makes any sense.....).

A buckle, which will look good in a collection whether it be with patina or in the now cleaned up condition.

Congrats and thanks for posting the pics.

Quote by Scout View Post
    ....the buckle still looks great after cleaning and its certainly YOUR buckle to do with, as you please.

To me, the not yet cleaned buckle just simply summed up the harsh fighting and blood, sweat and tears shed on both sides of the conflict (if that makes any sense.....).

A buckle, which will look good in a collection whether it be with patina or in the now cleaned up condition.

Congrats and thanks for posting the pics.
    Thank you too Scout :-)