Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

LAH White Belt.

Article about: Please find attached some pictures of a white belt marked and dated together with a matching frog.Came with SS buckle but what I wanted to know is what the belt is made of, as it looks more

Default LAH White Belt.

Please find attached some pictures of a white belt marked and dated together with a matching frog.Came with SS buckle but what I wanted to know is what the belt is made of, as it looks more like fibre than leather.
    The belt is white and the patent type finish is prone to flake off but it has never been any other colour and I have included the bayonet and frog to show the similarity between the two items.LAH White Belt.LAH White Belt.LAH White Belt.LAH White Belt. I also have another white frog for Bruno Launer 1938 (sorry can't make it out properly) but this does not have the metal studs added.

Any additional information would be appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LAH White Belt.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: LAH White Belt.

I saw a very nice set of white leather LAH equipment at the Max show 6-7 years ago. The equipment was well marked . You can find some photos in A. Hays book SS Uniforms, Insignia & Accoutrements. The police also used white leather equipment.

A nice set of white leathers. Back in the late 60's, a dealer I knew had purchased from a 101st Airborne vet a set of white leather including a pistol holster. He also got a black Oberscharfuhrer LAH uniform complete from the same vet. He got them out of the LAH barracks by the Berghof. The white stuff in good condition is very difficult to find these days.
    Nice quarter sawn white oak table you have your things on.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Nice quarter sawn white oak table you have your things on.
    If I may say so Bob, you have a wonderful eye for detail!

Regards,

Carl

p.s. I agree, a very nice set...and a very nice table too.

Many thanks to Bob Coleman for confirming the originality of the belt and to Tiger 88 too, at least I know now that the belt is original.
    Apologies that there was so much of the table in my pics but I had only had my i pad for about 30 minutes before I took the photos, so I had no real idea how they would turn out.I find it hard enough to take decent photos with my camera,which I could not find, so you will perhaps understand my dilema.
    The table is a proper oak Edwardian table, circa 1902-10 that I bought because I liked it - cannot stand the modern flatpack stuff.