Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help! two SS buckles

Article about: Hi, this is my first post in this forum I can buy this two SS buckles and need your opinion about this, especially the 155/40 Thanks and Greetings dirk

Default Need help! two SS buckles

Hi, this is my first post in this forum

I can buy this two SS buckles and need your opinion about this, especially the 155/40

Thanks and Greetings
    dirk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help! two SS buckles
    P
    Many

Hello welcome to the forum! The steel buckle looks good IMO. The 155/40 stands a chance but the heavy pitting with with silver in the pits looks to be repainted and in very poor condition possibly ground dug? Kindest regards.

Brian

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    Hello welcome to the forum! The steel buckle looks good IMO. The 155/40 stands a chance but the heavy pitting with with silver in the pits looks to be repainted and in very poor condition possibly ground dug? Kindest regards.

Brian
    Hello Brain,

yes it's a ground dug I have try to compare this 155/40 with other in this forum and two points ( in red ) are not similar, also with my 155/39

Regards Dirk

Hey Dirk the misshapen ear wouldn't bother me considering it was ground dug. As for the continuation of the rope detail on the reverse that too can be seen on other period buckles. Compare to this example posted by member Pascal Bernard it's less pronounced than your example but still present. I think it s a good buckle but again in rough condition. Best regards.

Brian

Need help! two SS buckles

As seen in post #26 in this thread

SS Enlisted Men Makers Thread

For the unmarked steel Overhoff is a nice buckle, the Assmann although original is a bit of a mess. If dirt cheap then buy it but for me personally I would leave it
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    For the unmarked steel Overhoff is a nice buckle, the Assmann although original is a bit of a mess. If dirt cheap then buy it but for me personally I would leave it

Thank you for your help and Information, I will try to trade with the sellers, but I not buy for any price

Best Regards

Dirk