Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need Opinions on this SS Brocade Buckle...

Article about: Hi all, I received a lot of about 65 misc buckles a couple weeks ago from a vet's family. There was a mix of Heer, Kriegsmarine, Luftwaffe, SA, HJ (a couple with RZM tags), and many other mi

?

Default Need Opinions on this SS Brocade Buckle...

Hi all,

I received a lot of about 65 misc buckles a couple weeks ago from a vet's family. There was a mix of Heer, Kriegsmarine, Luftwaffe, SA, HJ (a couple with RZM tags), and many other misc political buckles. There were also several rare ones in the lot, inlcuding a MINT postal buckle that looks like it came straight off the shelf!

In the same lot was this SS Brocade Buckle that I'd like to get some opinions on. I'm not concerned about the other buckles, I have 0% doubt they're all good. But SS buckles... I'm just not versed enough to have an educated opinion. I'm struck by the high level of detail in the buckle (despite the rust/dirt/corrosion), so I'm hopeful my photos illustrate enough detail for you experts to tell me whether or not its a good one.

Need Opinions on this SS Brocade Buckle...Need Opinions on this SS Brocade Buckle...Need Opinions on this SS Brocade Buckle...Need Opinions on this SS Brocade Buckle...Need Opinions on this SS Brocade Buckle...Need Opinions on this SS Brocade Buckle...Need Opinions on this SS Brocade Buckle...Need Opinions on this SS Brocade Buckle...Need Opinions on this SS Brocade Buckle...

Thanks!
    Dzyner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Opinions on this SS Brocade Buckle...
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Need Opinions on this SS Brocade Buckle...

looks good to me,IMO. I'm no expert but the detail looks real nice, also the age doesnt look faked.
    ~Dean

i dont like this one,,,wrong markings,rust looks too recent,,,bent ends to prongs,,,soft details to eagle,buckle facing,,wrong base metal material,,,should either be nickel silver,aluminum or zinc,,none of these metals will show any rusting,buckle tag that folds over pronged bar is unknown on original specimens, hollow back to prongs is sure sign of a reproduction also,,,i would definitely pass on this one

Hmmm, I'm not to sure about this one. I never trust red rust.

Sorry but a horrible fake even as fakes go, bad to the bone, could you post these pics in the fake SS buckle thread please?

Many thanks
    Ben

Dzyner, have a look at this old thread I did, it may be of use to you

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/belt-...-v-fake-27277/
    Ben