Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New SS buckle

Article about: what was the story ?.

Default New SS buckle

As promised, here are a few detailed pics of my new SS buckle

New SS buckleNew SS buckleNew SS buckleNew SS buckleNew SS buckleNew SS buckle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New SS buckle
    P
    Many

Nice original buckle how much did you pay in the end?
    Ben

the 325 he was asking but we worked shipping. I have been wanting to add something SS to my collection for awhile, this one has quite a bit of character. I really want to clean it to get the ash? off..... but nobody panic....I know any cleaning can usually do more harm than good so I won't.

Is there anyway to date a buckle? even to just a general time period as being early/mid/late?

Also thanks to everyone that helped authenticate this buckle, I was going to pass on it originally thinking it was a fake. You guys have made the collecting hobby enjoyable for me again, a lot better than getting burned on every fake item I bought being told it was real. Especially when it seems like there are more fake ss items out there than there are real.

?

Looks like it has been in a fire, interesting.

?

It looks nicer here than in the seller's photos. I believe this type of buckle would date to the early 1930s, but I'm sure someone will correct that if it's wrong. Usually I would suggest pure acetone (not nail polish remover) for removing foreign substances, but I'm not sure how that would react with carbon.

the carbon/soot on the buckle is def not permanent. Would it be ok to clean it off? I do have acetone.

The buckle date would be prior to 1935
    Ben

Nice buckle, looks great as it is!...

pre 1935, that's interesting time period. This buckle was manufactured around the same time Rohm and the SA were overthrown. I can't imagine the SS had very many members prior to 1935. Are there records of how many SS members there were to certain dates? Very cool

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast