Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

O&C ges SS Buckle for Opinions Please

Article about: I have an opportunity to purchase this buckle for \\$200 US and would like other opinions. It looks good to me based upon some research and others posted. My opinion is a 1932 manufactured O&a

Default O&C ges SS Buckle for Opinions Please

I have an opportunity to purchase this buckle for US and would like other opinions. It looks good to me based upon some research and others posted. My opinion is a 1932 manufactured O&C ges buckle, solid nickle materials, that is pretty worn. Looks like it was cleaned hard. Condition leaves much to be desired but shows use. Hopefully not faked aged. The wings and the chest look good to me. The prongs look correct to me. It comes from a good estate with other good items but I would like to be cautious as I do not have a lot of experience and even less with SS items. All opinions, good or bad are appreciated.
    John

O&C ges SS Buckle for Opinions PleaseO&C ges SS Buckle for Opinions PleaseO&C ges SS Buckle for Opinions PleaseO&C ges SS Buckle for Opinions PleaseO&C ges SS Buckle for Opinions Please
    Last edited by Rescue190; 09-21-2017 at 09:19 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement O&C ges SS Buckle for Opinions Please
    P
    Many

Original buckle and at $200 a good price
    Ben

Thank you. I picked it up.
    John

My apologies for bringing this back up but I was informed by another collector this buckle is a post war reproduction with the comment.
    "post war reproduction referred to as the v chest fake. The detail on the eagle's head is also incorrect for O&C patterns."
    Any additional thoughts or help is appreciated. I would not want to keep or present if not original.
    John
    Last edited by Rescue190; 10-21-2017 at 01:00 PM.

This one looks ok to me as well. I would trust Ben's opinion.

?

I tend to agree, vchest fake to me

Quote by drbill View Post
    I tend to agree, vchest fake to me
    I have to disagree with you. here is a picture of a V-chest fake. this one does not display the features I would expect to see on one of these fakes.
    Attached Images Attached Images O&C ges SS Buckle for Opinions Please 

I appreciate the replies since I am not a buckle expert in any way. My thoughts are that it is original as it came with a grouping from a vets estate.
    John

The buckle is 100% original

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    My apologies for bringing this back up but I was informed by another collector this buckle is a post war reproduction with the comment.
    "post war reproduction referred to as the v chest fake. The detail on the eagle's head is also incorrect for O&C patterns."
    Any additional thoughts or help is appreciated. I would not want to keep or present if not original.
    John
    John have no fears, the buckle is 10000000% original and the guys that advised you that it is a V chest fakes really needs to study buckle more, its nothing like one!
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast