Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Opinions before I buy please.

Article about: Hi I'm looking at buying this unmarked SS belt and buckle and would like to ask your experienced opinions before i do. I understand there are many fakes around and really don't want to get r

Default Opinions before I buy please.

Hi I'm looking at buying this unmarked SS belt and buckle and would like to ask your experienced opinions before i do. I understand there are many fakes around and really don't want to get ripped off . Thanks in advance for any comments received. JohnOpinions before I buy please.Opinions before I buy please.Opinions before I buy please.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions before I buy please.
    P
    Many

John
    For what it's worth I believe it to be a copy, artificially aged with that rust evident, breast feathers are all wrong, and the back is trying to be an overhof but isn't, and also it is the wrong type of belt IMO

Save your money......of course I could be wrong

The Rust does look articial. Its as though somebody been to the garden center and rubbed a little liquid nitrogen on it.

My weak point are the SS buckles but I think one important thing is to look at the prongs, and the pics are not so good. When it comes to SS buckles the pics are very,very important

Yes I've just read a buckle book so that's why I'm such an expert :P (irony)

Thanks for your comments guys. I also wondered about the rust as it looks a fairly recent addition to the buckle . It's being sold by a dealer but that means nothing just so much rubbish about always best to get a second opinion before I part with my hard earned cash. Pics were all the dealer would provide as said there not so good think it's best to leave this alone and look for another . Many thanks for the advice and merry Xmas! John

?

Hi John,

Run away fast mate, its junk

Mac 66.

Thanks Mac . Yes will definitely leave this where it is the dealer wanted £225 for it which is fairly reasonable but as said it would be money wasted and best to look for another . So frustrating just how many fakes are out there of all German militaria but this forum at least helped some to not get caught out. Many thanks John

?

Sorry, bad one..

Very bad buckle John, look in the fake section, there are lots of them in there
    Ben

Thanks Ben I've taken your advice already, your fake section showing the differences and what to look for are great for someone like myself ( hasn't got a clue ) think I have viewed every SS buckle thread on the forum testing myself and I hope to get my first SS buckle very soon

Cheers John

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast