Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this an original SS officer belt?

Article about: I would be tempted to remove the glue with a acetone and Q tip and restitch the belt

?

Question Is this an original SS officer belt?

Hi Guys,

I found this belt. I presumed it is a repro. The repro buckle who came off the belt, had a whole different hook. So maybe this one came from an other context.

Hope that somebody can help with this one.

Best regards Tommy
    us1945@hotmail.com

Is this an original SS officer belt?Is this an original SS officer belt?Is this an original SS officer belt?Is this an original SS officer belt?Is this an original SS officer belt?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this an original SS officer belt?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Is this an original SS officer belt?

Tommy not really a belt man but dont like the stitching, felt or the tongue, so for me not original
    Ben

?

Same as Ben here, although i noticed that it does have 7 strand silver edging, which doesnt really mean much, but if fake then its pretty elaborate, but as Ben said the tongue looks out of place with the stitching also lacking in quality

?

Guys, thank you for your time.

I made some extra pics, the other belts in the lot were original. This SS belt looks very well made. And it has the same smell.

Hope that you can check the new photo's. What's the 7 strand silver edging you wrote in your reply?

All the slings were bought in the `80, so this must be an old repro

Maybe the new photo's will provide more detailsIs this an original SS officer belt?Is this an original SS officer belt?Is this an original SS officer belt?Is this an original SS officer belt?Is this an original SS officer belt?Is this an original SS officer belt?Is this an original SS officer belt?Is this an original SS officer belt?Is this an original SS officer belt?.

?

I have also a Luftwaffe belt, maybe you can also check this one? It looks also well made. The blue stitch on the back lighted up..those are blue.

It came with a police buckle. Btw the hook is lose..I can see the yellow glue.

Is this an original SS officer belt?Is this an original SS officer belt?Is this an original SS officer belt?Is this an original SS officer belt?Is this an original SS officer belt?Is this an original SS officer belt?Is this an original SS officer belt?Is this an original SS officer belt?Is this an original SS officer belt?Is this an original SS officer belt?Is this an original SS officer belt?

?

I can see now that the SS belt has six strands, it wasnt exactly clear at the time of morning i was viewing it, the strands are the silver stitches that you see near to the edges and forms a kind of border, as for the Luftwaffe version you could be correct in your assumption that these are all replicas, but very well made

Quote by us1945 View Post
    so this must be an old repro
    your are correct, sadly it is not original

?

Are you 100% sure about the Luftwaffe belt? It's a whole different quality.

Tommy, I actually like the Lufte, the stitching leather tongue and felt are much better
    Ben

?

Thanks Ben,

Should I glue it? Or do you think that a next owner should do this?

I don't want to make it worser with stinky glue.. that people think it's a repro

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast