Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Out of the Woodwork O & C !

Article about: This is the sort of thing I always read about but never thought would actually happen to me! A friend asked me if I could identify what were described as "German things" a friend o

Default Out of the Woodwork O & C !

This is the sort of thing I always read about but never thought would actually happen to me! A friend asked me if I could identify what were described as "German things" a friend of his son's had found stored away in a BARN. One was described as a buckle with an eagle and swastika, but not with Gott Mit Uns on it. ( He knew what those are because he had one. ) I asked if it was maybe Meine Ehre Heist Treue and he said, "Yes - that's it." I told him it was apparantly an SS buckle and that I would like to see it.

There turned out to be only the buckle plus a couple of pieces of DR insignia which I identified tentatively until I could confirm it. I asked him to tell the owner what they were, and that I would buy them if he was interested in selling; a few weeks later my friend remembered to mention to me that my offer was accepted! When he delivered them, he included his Heer buckle as my "Christmas present", since I'd been bugging him for several YEARS to find it among all his junk.

The buckle is an early nickel alloy marked O & C ges. gesch. for Overhoff and shows a good bit of service wear and a tiny bit of rust on the prong assembly, but NO damage or sign of abuse. Most of the wear is to the highpoints of the eagle's head, chest, and tops of wings; and swastika and wreath surrounding it. The braised-on catch looks to be tombac or some other yellowish alloy. Purists will be gratified to know I have done NOTHING to it, nor do I plan to.

Out of the Woodwork O & C !Out of the Woodwork O & C !Out of the Woodwork O & C !
    Last edited by James N; 01-28-2014 at 05:51 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Out of the Woodwork O & C !
    P
    Many

No pictures?

Hi James any pics? Sounds interesting
    Ben

Speaking of pictures... I tried for over an HOUR last night to get them copied and transferred to the thread before I gave up. Today's a little better, but after EACH image the feature freezes up and has to be closed and reopened - and VIOLA! there's the picture. However it still REFUSED to transfer the pictures to the thread! Now that it's FINALLY "decided" to work, I hope you will be pleased to see the results in the edited OP.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Out of the Woodwork O & C !  
    Last edited by James N; 01-28-2014 at 07:25 PM.

strange,I got to sets of pics ok.

Nice buckle James, nowt wrong with that one the Heer buckle is also ok, looks like either a JC Maedicke, Schmole & Comp or C W Motz, if you had a pic of the rear I could tell you which one
    Ben

Ben, it's posted in the Heer section if you haven't already seen it.

Quote by James N View Post
    Ben, it's posted in the Heer section if you haven't already seen it.
    Seen it James and commented
    Ben