Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Overhoff and Cie 36 40 aluminium ?

Article about: I would welcome feedback on the following buckle, which was my first purchase in my small collection of SS buckles. My own thoughts from looking at posts on this forum is that its original a

Default Overhoff and Cie 36 40 aluminium ?

I would welcome feedback on the following buckle, which was my first purchase in my small collection of SS buckles.

My own thoughts from looking at posts on this forum is that its original as seems to follow the O&C pattern ( visible better to the reverse due to wear to the obverse ) and the metal colour looks correct to me but then the quality of fake aluminium buckles being seen is a little concerning.

It has a quite a lot of what appears to be wear and tear damage which doesn't looked too contrived to my eye but is this genuine or to cover up a copy?

I cannot see ant casting faults as recently demonstrated in another post but I am not entirely sure how to spot these.

MichaelOverhoff and Cie 36 40 aluminium  ?Overhoff and Cie 36 40 aluminium  ?Overhoff and Cie 36 40 aluminium  ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Overhoff and Cie 36 40 aluminium  ?
    P
    Many

Hello Michael. I too think it's good. I m not certain this is still the case, but it was written previously that the 36/40 buckles with the single circle runic symbol had not yet been faked? It certainly is unusual the wear pattern to the front but it could be a combination of rough life wear/aggressive cleaning. The reverse as you note looks good. Kindest regards.

Brian

This buckle is original
    As stated this buckle had not yet been faked

As stated nice original buckle
    Ben

Thanks for thumbs up feedback, especially to Brian as I had forgotten about the fake list register and overlooked that point. I like the buckle, its not in very good condition but I expect it could tell a few tales on its past.
    Kindest regards Michael