Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Overhoff nickle silver SS

Article about: Here are two examples of the well known and well documented, nickle silver SS buckles by Overhoff. The "upper case" and the "lower case" G types. Note the DRGM declaratio

Default Overhoff nickle silver SS

Here are two examples of the well known and well documented, nickle silver SS buckles by Overhoff.

The "upper case" and the "lower case" G types.

Note the DRGM declaration on the upper case G buckle and the totally different style, Overhoff company stamp marks.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Overhoff nickle silver SS
    P
    Many

Default Re: Overhoff nickle silver SS

Two very nice buckles David, love the DRGM on the inner ring on the first one, I have only ever seen a couple of them, thanks for showing.
    Ben

?

Very nice early buckles David!
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

David
    thanks for sharing, as Ben commented, I have never seen a DRGM marked SS.. Is this in and of itself a rare marking? or did I just miss seeing it on the O&C I previously held in my collection?
    thanks
    Chad

Ditto: a first for me too regarding the DRGM.....very cool!

Rob

?

David
    I like also your example and I was very happy when I had once the chance to get one of these DRGM marked SS buckles.

I detected some more differences from my example to my other standard O&C nickle silver SS. The whole stamping gives the impression to be more plastically. The lettering, the wreath around the swastika and some parts on the eagle are very detailed, respectively habe been worked out in a fine way.

Merely from the effect I would say these are some of the nicest SS buckles!

Regards,
    Guido
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Overhoff nickle silver SS   Overhoff nickle silver SS  

Overhoff nickle silver SS  

?

Fascinating stuff! I wonder if the technical innovation meriting a Gebrauchsmuster registration was the higher relief/plasticity!!

Best regards,
    Karl

?

Quote by Kurt D View Post
    Fascinating stuff! I wonder if the technical innovation meriting a Gebrauchsmuster registration was the higher relief/plasticity!!

Best regards,
    Karl
    A good question, Karl!

What I have to add is, that I also know DRGM marked SS buckles made from silvered brass. So can we say that the DRGM mark is an attribute of an early SS buckle? And are we sure that the buckle was made by Overhoff or is there perhaps another maker behind that?

Regards,
    Guido