Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

question on ss officers buckle

Article about: Both together

Default Re: question on ss officers buckle

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Again just for example some known genuine EM & Officer buckles
    Ben,
    Thanks for your expertise,and sharing of your knowledge on this buckle.I have had it for a long time,and based on an an opinion from a reputable SS collector/ dealer years ago,I always believed the buckle to be late war and that it missed getting stamped,possibly due to an air raid at the time of production.But after viewing the preponderance of evidence,I will conclude the buckle is not an original piece. I learned alot from this forum,and I am much better educated as I look for an original buckle.Experience is the best teacher-Education is not free.
    Peter

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement question on ss officers buckle
    P
    Many

Hi Peter, I have just applied bits and bobs that I know, like I said it could be original but for me I do not like it, I have never known a unmarked SS Officers buckle as yet. Plus with the known red flags then that made my mind up. If you have a look at the SS threads, do a search on the buckle section and I have done various threads on SS buckles originals v fakes, they may give you a bit of an insight

Ben
    Ben

Quote by papapanzer View Post
    Ben,
    Thanks for your expertise,and sharing of your knowledge on this buckle.I have had it for a long time,and based on an an opinion from a reputable SS collector/ dealer years ago,I always believed the buckle to be late war and that it missed getting stamped,possibly due to an air raid at the time of production.But after viewing the preponderance of evidence,I will conclude the buckle is not an original piece. I learned alot from this forum,and I am much better educated as I look for an original buckle.Experience is the best teacher-Education is not free.
    Peter
    Hey man, good for you that you want to study the hobby more and that you can accept the fact that your buckle is likely a fake. I don't know how many people I see on here who will argue until the day that they die that their fake item is original, even when they have experts giving them proof that they are wrong. I just wanted to commend you on that.

Second, take a look at the WAF e-stand. The last time I looked on there I saw plenty of SS officer buckles for sale.

Ben,
    Again' thanks for your comments.I have spent hours pouring over the info.you have provided on this forum regarding buckles.Although the SS Officer's buckle did not go as I had hoped,my other buckles-ss.luft.army .hj.rad.,etc.- have proven to be correct as originals from examining them against originals on the forum.So all is not lost.
    Peter

HI,
    Thanks for comments.It is appreciated.I have collected TR for many years,and the one thing I have learned is you never stop learning.It is always best to get as much knowledge on a subject as possible from people who know, books,handling the original items to learn from them,and making some mistakes along the way.With this learned knowledge,keep an open mind to accept exceptions,and variants to an item-which will always happen.
    Peter

Quote by papapanzer View Post
    HI,
    Thanks for comments.It is appreciated.I have collected TR for many years,and the one thing I have learned is you never stop learning.It is always best to get as much knowledge on a subject as possible from people who know, books,handling the original items to learn from them,and making some mistakes along the way.With this learned knowledge,keep an open mind to accept exceptions,and variants to an item-which will always happen.
    Peter
    Ben

?

Hello,

Could yu explain :
    Another red flag that I do not like is the prong sleeve assembly, again look at the known original and see have straight the sleeve is between the prongs, then look at yours and it seems from the pics that the ends "curl" up,
    I cannot translate it, nor see the difference. And it seems to be important.

Best regards

Quote by JR92 View Post
    Hello,

Could yu explain :

I cannot translate it, nor see the difference. And it seems to be important.

Best regards
    Ok to try and explain, loom at the prong sleeve on this original 822/38 buckle, the prong sleeve that runs between the prongs is nice and straight
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture question on ss officers buckle  
    Ben

Now look at this 822/38 fake, firstly look at the different colours in the metal, the fake is more greyer in colour that the white aluminium colour of the original, also look at the ends of the prongs sleeve at the ends where it meets the prongs, they are slightly turn up at the ends. Do you now understand?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture question on ss officers buckle  
    Ben

?

Hello,

Now clearer for me ! You have eagle's eyes !

Thanks for your kindness.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast