Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

real or fake prototype belt buckle?

Article about: this is my first post, so bear with me! i was digging through an old wooden box of my dad's & came across a belt buckle. i've spent the last 3 hours of my evening trying to find one like

Default Re: real or fake prototype belt buckle?

Quote by kirby View Post
    Hello Lenny. It is a reproduction not a fantasy item. The real ones are the size of a regular SS officers buckle. I took this photo off WFA and I think it was from the Marc V collection or the late John Paperas collection. It would be one of the most expensive TR buckles and I would estimate one would bring $10,000-15,000. A Bakelite SS EM buckle is the only buckle I can think of that might be more valuable.
    I was more meaning the Walther and RZM/SS markings are complete fantasy as Walther never made buckles and the codes are pure fantasy. The buckle you show was in Jack Angolia's book and regarded as an unaccepted prototype. Agreed it would be mega expensive, but... an authenticated buckle belonging to either Hitler, Goring, Donitz or other top Nazi would surely be the most expensive buckle?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

It would be hard to prove a buckle belonged to a TR personality. Goring did have a gold brocade with a gold on gold buckle. Hitler mostly wore a SA buckle in the early years. There are photos of him with an odd looking brocade. Angolia shows both of these.

Himmler and the rest of the higher ups most likely wore the standard SS, NADAP, SA high leader buckles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12