Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

S.S. nickle silver markings ??

Article about: Could someone possibly explain to me what the double number markings on this nickle silver SS mean ? The lower number is certainly 36, however what is the upper - 35 or 36 ? It actually look

Default S.S. nickle silver markings ??

Could someone possibly explain to me what the double number markings on this nickle silver SS mean ? The lower number is certainly 36, however what is the upper - 35 or 36 ? It actually looks like neither and instead, a strange hybrid.

Are these abbreviation numbers for year of manufacture and maker and if so, which is which ?

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement S.S. nickle silver markings ??
    P
    Many

Default Re: S.S. nickle silver markings ??

Images

Quote by David North View Post
    Images
    David
    I always thought the 36 is Overhoff and the other 36 is the year 1936 - making year. We have these kind of markings on the aluminium buckles.
    Anybody who can confirm this ...maybe with some evidence ?
    Thomas

RZM 35/36 (Overhoff)
    RZM 36/36 (Overhoff)

The fact that the 6 looks 5 or 6 shouldnt matter as both were Overhoff. The belt looks fine too
    Dan

Thomas and Dan

Perhaps my question was wrongly and clumsily worded. Yes of course 36 as Overhoff und Cie. and I have attached an image from an aluminium "Overhoff" that I hold.

What has always puzzled me is that whilst this nickle silver SS is marked 36/36, it is interesting to note that above and below the striation, we have totally different styles of the number 3 and remarkably different styles of the number 6.

A different tool set for one and only one of the 36's (otherwise originally 35) ?

Regards,

David

David,

ok, I got you wrong...already wondered you were asking for what I answered..but thats me my school teacher loved me for that

To your question - I think the differencies in the look of the numbers is just because, it is a handmade item.
    Or do you see anything, yet hidden to my eyes ?

I am not SS buckle expert, but is there an 35/36...or even a 34/36 ?

Thomas

Thomas

This is a tool/die stamped buckle - yes ? I do not think that the markings are hand applied. Perhaps the original tool was for 35 and then, badly modified to 36. Here, the date before the makers code and unlike the aluminium SS buckles by Overhoff ?

Regards,

David

p.s. - there is a 35 version

David,
    now I was hard to understand. Yes of course, it is a tool/die stamped buckle. What I mean is, the tool is handmade - and so the upper 6 of the 36 looks a bit bad, but I dont think it is a revisited 35.
    I should have done my homework, before asking, if there is a 35 or a 34/36. I found a picture of a 35/36, which I will add (I hope the owner of the picture will not mind ) here you see the 35 looks different to your 36.
    Thomas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture S.S. nickle silver markings ??  

Thomas

Interesting - yes ?

Regards,

David

David,
    indeed - very interesting !
    Thank you for the picture.
    cheers
    Thomas

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast