Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

S.S. - Variant Design

Article about: Attached are images of a remarkably peculiar and yet, well documented as original, early nickle silver SS buckle. It is not my penchant to buy ground excavated and "restored" buckl

Default S.S. - Variant Design

Attached are images of a remarkably peculiar and yet, well documented as original, early nickle silver SS buckle.

It is not my penchant to buy ground excavated and "restored" buckles, however this chap is extremely rare and in any condition.

Any comments as always, would be greatly be welcome.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement S.S. - Variant Design
    P
    Many

Default Re: S.S. - Variant Design

Reverse

Mmmm, to me this has characteristics of a few buckles to me David, I would have said the maker is Overhoff from the eagle and the ears yet again it has that wide catch and seems to have the longer prongs like the JFS buckles (unless it is the angle of the picture)
    Ben

p38
    ?

hello

I like the design of the "hammer-head" SS buckle : thin svastika and motto, and so particular head...

I'll find one a day :-)

best

Emmanuel

Hello Emmanuel

I think that there are least two SS buckles which enjoy the unfortunate description of a "Hammer Head" eagle (flattened head). This one certainly and also, an example by and marked by Overhoff. Perhaps others may comment.

This one I think is rare and of course, what an odd looking design when compared to that we know so well.

So many peculiar features, although these specific SS buckles in say even "reasonable" condition, seldom are offered for sale.

Regards,

David

Wink Re: S.S. - Variant Design

Well there might be one for sale. Perhaps an even rarer bird.

?

Where is the rope between the wings and eagles head? I have never seen an original without the rope. Eagles beak and mouth do not look right either.
    SteveR

The design is a rare varient. One tha I have never seen before.
    It is good.
    Steve
    Last edited by SteveR; 12-26-2010 at 05:19 AM.

ww2fotos
    ?

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Where is the rope between the wings and eagles head? I have never seen an original without the rope. Eagles beak and mouth do not look right either.
    SteveR
    Didn't you notice that the eagle on the ground dug example at the top of this thread does not have the rope between the wings and eagles head, either? Just thought I'd put in my 2 pfennings worth here.

?

Quote by ww2fotos View Post
    Didn't you notice that the eagle on the ground dug example at the top of this thread does not have the rope between the wings and eagles head, either? Just thought I'd put in my 2 pfennings worth here.
    Yea I noticed. I was trying to be polite. Both of the buckles are fakes.
    SteveR

I AM WRONG. The buckles are Good.
    MY Bad.
    Last edited by SteveR; 12-26-2010 at 05:17 AM.

?

I believe there was a thread some time ago concerning this type of buckle where there appears no rope between the wing and eagles head, as i remember it there is a rare buckle with this type of configuration but i cannot recall who made it nor the member who posted it, but it was held to be genuine

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast