Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Belt, Buckle and Cross Strap for possible purchase - Wisdom and guidance appreciated!

Article about: Hello all, Here is a SS belt, buckle and cross strap available locally. I've been reading through the stickied threads in this sub-forum (a wealth of info to be sure!), and it seems that the

Default SS Belt, Buckle and Cross Strap for possible purchase - Wisdom and guidance appreciated!

Hello all,

Here is a SS belt, buckle and cross strap available locally. I've been reading through the stickied threads in this sub-forum (a wealth of info to be sure!), and it seems that there are some unmarked iterations of this buckle. Beyond that, I'm having trouble figuring out which version this is, and if some, all or none of it is original. The buckle IS magnetic.

SS Belt, Buckle and Cross Strap for possible purchase - Wisdom and guidance appreciated!SS Belt, Buckle and Cross Strap for possible purchase - Wisdom and guidance appreciated!SS Belt, Buckle and Cross Strap for possible purchase - Wisdom and guidance appreciated!SS Belt, Buckle and Cross Strap for possible purchase - Wisdom and guidance appreciated!SS Belt, Buckle and Cross Strap for possible purchase - Wisdom and guidance appreciated!SS Belt, Buckle and Cross Strap for possible purchase - Wisdom and guidance appreciated!SS Belt, Buckle and Cross Strap for possible purchase - Wisdom and guidance appreciated!SS Belt, Buckle and Cross Strap for possible purchase - Wisdom and guidance appreciated!SS Belt, Buckle and Cross Strap for possible purchase - Wisdom and guidance appreciated!SS Belt, Buckle and Cross Strap for possible purchase - Wisdom and guidance appreciated!SS Belt, Buckle and Cross Strap for possible purchase - Wisdom and guidance appreciated!SS Belt, Buckle and Cross Strap for possible purchase - Wisdom and guidance appreciated!SS Belt, Buckle and Cross Strap for possible purchase - Wisdom and guidance appreciated!

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated here, and thanks again!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Belt, Buckle and Cross Strap for possible purchase - Wisdom and guidance appreciated!
    P
    Many

The buckle is fake, the rest of the rig is original

Quote by ivanjoaquin View Post
    The buckle is fake, the rest of the rig is original
    Okay, could you tell me what is wrong with the buckle in specific? Any information is much appreciated.

Quote by Rock Rey View Post
    Okay, could you tell me what is wrong with the buckle in specific? Any information is much appreciated.
    Sorry but everything is wrong

Could someone else chime in what this apparently fake buckle is emulating? Don't get me wrong, I am not contesting it's authenticity, but without knowing which iteration it is a fake of, or what is so glaringly obvious about it that identifies as a fake, I am still in the dark.

As I mentioned before, I spent some time looking through the stickied threads in the SS buckle sub-forum, but with so many makers and a myriad of differences between them, I couldn't find a solid place to start identifying this particular buckle.

I can chime in ............

@ Ivan can you supply a supporting link that points to your reasoning why this is fake ?
    Tell us why it is wrong.

2 posts and you elaborated nothing ...help us out will you ?

Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The first thing I saw was the prongs. You could actually kill a man with those.
    Compare the prongs on your buckle to a original here:

SS Enlisted Men Makers Thread

If you really are interested in TR buckles, spend your free time here on the forum and read,watch and compare.
    You are most welcome here, we are always happy to see new buckle maniacs.

As Ivan has already told you buckle is bad the rest is original, the belt being pre TR era. The buckle is a known fake, the box is wrong used on many fake designs. The sharp prongs are used on fakes, never used on any TR buckles, the detailing to the front of the buckle, not sharp enough as in the rope work, eagle designed never existed, the ears are wrong in design for SS buckles. Have a look through the fake SS EM thread, there are a few in there.
    Ben

If unsure of buckle terminology please re4ad this thread: Buckle and Belt characteristics, originals & fakes
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast