Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SS belt buckle Schutzstaffel, GRUPPE WESTLAND 34 fantasy?

Article about: by gel65 Wow I had no idea that this style of belt buckle was produced during the war this is a first for me. Which is why guys, if you don't have any direct, relevant knowledge of a particu

Default Re: SS belt buckle Schutzstaffel, GRUPPE WESTLAND 34 fantasy?

Quote by gel65 View Post
    Wow I had no idea that this style of belt buckle was produced during the war this is a first for me.
    Which is why guys, if you don't have any direct, relevant knowledge of a particular topic it is best to keep your opinions to yourself. Imagine if the OP was on the cusp of a purchase and backed out on the basis of your 'advice' only to find they missed a great deal. How would you feel if this happened to you?

Not directed at anyone in particular but there is an awful lot of 'I like it but i'm no expert' posts which add no value to any discussion. Opinions should be based on knowledge and knowledge should be based on fact so if you don't have either of these then you are only blowing hot air which doesn't add to the value of the discussion.

Again, not directed at anyone in particular and I apologise in advance if any member feels slighted by my words.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Good advice Glenn. Many of us here have said "I'm no expert, but.." At one time or another. I'll be the first to admit it, but I try to give what little knowledge I do know on the subject or at least try to point people in the right direction. I won't , however, tell someone something is good or bad If I'm not 100% sure. This forum is for learning and this is just another valuable lesson. We are all human and can make mistakes but we will learn and grow from them. Now, shall we sit around the campfire and sing " Koombayah"? ( I'm no expert at spelling but it works for me)

Please keep in mind that we're all here to learn...
    cheers, Glenn

?

This is a buckle that very few collectors will ever encounter. I have see a couple of them at the SOS and the Maxx. Both were a little different and neither had unit markings. Both buckles were well over $1000.

Hi guys, just got back from Crete and having a quick scan through. The buckle as already stated was used, I will dig out a picture of one in use by a standard bearer (Sepp Dietrich) if my memory serves me right. On the buckle in question I would want better pics to be honest, something about it does not sit right with me.
    Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12